On Topic of the Gore Magala...

• Thread starter LeviaEnvi
  • Start date
LeviaEnvi

LeviaEnvi

Covetus Seraph
Towns Folk
Does anyone else find it unnerving that the Gore Magala isn't treated like a Boss Monster, even though its MH4's mascot monster?

From what I can recall, all mascot monsters were treated as boss monsters in single player, but the Gore Magala greets the player as if it wasn't, despite it supposedly having immense power and spreading an unknown virus.
I find it rather off-putting.

This may just be me having a brain fart, but I don't quite understand the question? I don't see how it isn't treated as a boss.

Reactions: Xzerogammer
Isn't the gore malaga a boss monster?

Usually bosses have special clips introducing the monster and showing off its power.

Well, there was that certain scene in the middle of the *cough*ocean*cough*.

This may just be me having a brain fart, but I don't quite understand the question? I don't see how it isn't treated as a boss.

The game doesn't really give it much special treatment outside of the boat fight. After that, it just becomes another monster. The only other reoccurring appear I'd say it makes is through the frenzy virus. Boss monsters are usually near end-game stuff, like the encounterm with the Lagiacrus in Tri or the Zinogre in Portable 3rd. I didn't really get the feeling that "this thing is a huge threat!" when I had seen that.

It's not so much of a question about, but if anyone else shares my sentiment.

The game doesn't really give it much special treatment outside of the boat fight. After that, it just becomes another monster. The only other reoccurring appear I'd say it makes is through the frenzy virus. Boss monsters are usually near end-game stuff, like the encounterm with the Lagiacrus in Tri or the Zinogre in Portable 3rd. I didn't really get the feeling that "this thing is a huge threat!" when I had seen that.

It's not so much of a question about, but if anyone else shares my sentiment.
I'm not sure how far you've gotten, but wait until 5* village ;)

In the demo it didn't have a cut scene but it was a boss monster to me packing some huge immense power and when i think in transformed and got those horns it was like hell out there my hunter fainted like a whole set of times.

I'm not sure how far you've gotten, but wait until 5* village ;)

If you're referring to Shagaru, I'm already aware. However, this isn't about Shagaru though granted are the same creature.

Compared to other monster hunter games mh4u has one of the most cutscenes... So I think I understand why you think "gore is not that special"
Inb4 tigrex and narga

Compared to other monster hunter games mh4u has one of the most cutscenes... So I think I understand why you think "gore is not that special"
Inb4 tigrex and narga

Not what I'm getting at. It's not something that feels like it poses much of a threat compared to most 'boss' monsters. I just don't get that vibe from it, since its not something considered end-game, and is a reoccurring monster throughout all of the ranks.

Reactions: StrawberryMilk
well, mh3u had azure rathalos as it's mascot, and it only had a few quests in-game.

Don't forget that outside of NA, Seregios is the mascot monster for 4U.

well, mh3u had azure rathalos as it's mascot, and it only had a few quests in-game.
I didn't play 3U so I don't know how it was treated in it, but if anything that's only fuel to the fire :/

I would say that I only pretty much know about the Gore Magala as in hunting it in the demo . It was really quite exciting to fight it and it is really very cool . I only played the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate because I didn't really like Monster Hunter 3 . I still enjoy fighting the Gore Magala though :p

Back