One Step From Eden - A Deckbuilding Roguelike Game

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
One Step From Eden caught my attention because its gameplay looks similar to the MegaMan Battle Network series. I loved those games and I was unsure if we'd get a new one until recently when I believe the developers asked if fans were interested.

But enough about MegaMan Battle Network..

One Step From Eden was born from the lack of new games in the MegaMan Battle Network series:
Development started in April 2016. I felt a Megaman Battle Network sized void that no other game could fill, so I decided to make one myself. I was also a huge fan of Faster than Light, Nuclear Throne, and other roguelikes. The deckbuilding mechanics ended up working really well after figuring out a prototype that would let players use cards in realtime.
So I'm happy to learn that an indie developer is working on a game with inspiration from it.

Some Of Its Gameplay:

Features:
  • 9+ Playable characters and Bosses
  • 40+ Unique evolving enemies
  • Deckbuilding with 200+ spells
  • 100+ strategy changing items
  • Procedurally generated worlds and battles
  • Life or death choices and alternate endings
  • Local co-op and PvP (really excited for PvP and I'm hoping it's online play)
I don't think I knew it was coming to the Nintendo Switch tho. I learned today it's expected to launch on the console on March 26th, 2020. Really close to Animal Crossing: New Horizons' release date, which makes me kind of iffy about it :redpanda:

What do you think about One Step From Eden?

Reactions: Artisan
It looks fun, and hard, I NEED IT!

would it be possible for you to put a link to kickstarter though .-.

would it be possible for you to put a link to kickstarter though .-.
The game met its goal a long time ago. Even crossed it by $55,000. I just chose to use the kickstarter trailer.

Reactions: AricAttack
i remember seeing some video of it a long time ago, i wanna play it

i remember seeing some video of it a long time ago, i wanna play it
Me too. I'm hoping the story is interesting enough to keep me entertained like MegaMan Battle Network.

This is coming to the switch? oooo I didn't know that. And it launches soon???

Gameplay looks awesome, the soundtrack sounds awesome, art style looks awesome. Overall, I wanna play it :3 Though, I wanna play basically *all* Roguelike games lol

Reactions: Marc
Though, I wanna play basically *all* Roguelike games lol
Have you ever played a MegaMan Battle Network game? Cause you'd want to play it even more :p

Have you ever played a MegaMan Battle Network game? Cause you'd want to play it even more :p

Nooope, never even heard of it lol

Nooope, never even heard of it lol
basically in concept this game has the gameplay of those games + bullet hell

Reactions: 28142
This better have online PvP because this game looks SO good. Intentionally giving you enough space to dodge fire, some nerdy deckbuilding... Shut up and take my money! I'm surprised there isn't a roguelike eSports scene. I didn't notice an open world though and that bothers me.

Reactions: 28142
This better have online PvP because this game looks SO good. Intentionally giving you enough space to dodge fire, some nerdy deckbuilding... Shut up and take my money! I'm surprised there isn't a roguelike eSports scene. I didn't notice an open world though and that bothers me.
there is multiplayer

Reactions: Marc
there is multiplayer

I'm even more excited now. I just hope there isn't lag when playing with others.

Back