Online battles?

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk
Given awakening's success, there should be another FE game. In the next one do you hope there will be online battles where you can pit your army against another person's army?

No, I don't think implementing online to this series would be that great. The series is amazing. It doesn't need online to make it any better. It's known for being a challenging solo game, with possible mechanics to team up. Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon tried online multiplayer, but it didn't work out.

This game relies soley on plans and stats as well. The strength of your army determines whether you'll win, and it's difficult to grind in Fire Emblem games, it would just be showing off who has the better units. I don't think it's a good idea, at all. But, that's just my opinion, don't be upset at me. :p

That's the thing though, with online battles you wouldn't know what team your up against. If you went with all air units and the enemy is using archers and wind magic your pretty much screw no matter how strong your forces are.

That's the thing though, with online battles you wouldn't know what team your up against. If you went with all air units and the enemy is using archers and wind magic your pretty much screw no matter how strong your forces are.

Well, not exactly.

First off; Air forces outclass archers no matter what. They're faster, have more movement spaces, and some may even have a skill or item that takes away the bonus damage; like Iotes Sheild in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Second, Mages have lower speed, and lower defense than other classes. Not only will fliers have very good resistance, but they also dodge a lot of attacks that are meant to hit. Even if the said class were using wind magic, their amazing resistance would be likely to null out the effects.

And third; who the heck would only go into a battle with only one kind of class!? I could imagine going into battle like that if you were an utter troll, but otherwise; I don't think anyone would be that ignorant unless they were a child.

And fourth; it does matter how strong your army is. I doubt an untrained villager will be able to stand up against a fully fledged Wyvern Lord. The game overall just comes down to brute strength. If you've played the last chapter of Fire Emblem Awakening, you'd realize that the enemy doesn't even strategize. They just attack and go for anything that they can hurt, they have no diligence or care for their own lives'.

If the units were even in strength, class numbers, and counterparts, then it would be tolerable to fight others. But that would take the fun out of it, and then the majority of the battle would be based on one's luck.

There should be co-op story mode in games Like Fire Emblem that would be great. You can combine your forces with a friend.

Well, for me looks a excellent idea (I can't use that streetpass function).
But It will be better about uploading your team, and the others users fight you, with your difficulty options, using the 3DS CPU.

Reactions: Flarence
Well, for me looks a excellent idea (I can't use that streetpass function).But It will be better about uploading your team, and the others users fight you, with your difficulty options, using the 3DS CPU.

That is actually a really great idea. It'd be really interesting to earn renown like that. Direct vs isn't something I'd like to see, but this is a really awesome idea. =D

That is actually a really great idea. It'd be really interesting to earn renown like that. Direct vs isn't something I'd like to see, but this is a really awesome idea. =D

Anyways, you can win renown playing chapters and versus the CPU.
Also, the next Fire Emblem game will be for Wii U, and it isn't a Fire Emblem Saga game :p

I didn't buy FE because there was no online multiplayer.

I didn't buy FE because there was no online multiplayer.

Bad choice my friend. Try it, it's really a cool game!

Bad choice my friend. Try it, it's really a cool game!

I do have to say, I really enjoyed the demo and I think I played it multiple times.

And third; who the heck would only go into a battle with only one kind of class!? I could imagine going into battle like that if you were an utter troll, but otherwise; I don't think anyone would be that ignorant unless they were a child.

noobs who want to be stomped :p

I'd like to see online battle but I'm not sure how it'll work out.

I'm thinking you'll be limited to a number of classes you can use. No support items and only one healer. The powerful classes will be limited in numbers and the less powerful classes will be like pawns. You have your avatar (King and Queen as one) and if s/he falls, it's checkmate. You'll be able to invest stats into each character, choosing skills, weapons, etc. Maybe even reduce the usage rate of weapons by a dramatic number? (since it's only one battle)

Overpowered skills that work purely on luck such as Lethality can also be banned, :dead:

Reactions: Icemario
I'd really like to see online battles in Fire Emblem Awakening. It would be a lot of fun trying to out-skill your opponent. However, because these matches could take some time, there is an issue of players having to disconnect. This could lead to a lot of unfinished matches which would definitely annoy and frustrate a lot of players.

Personally, I would love the existence of online battles but I thought it would be tricky to implement without being imbalanced.

I'd like to see online battle but I'm not sure how it'll work out.

I'm thinking you'll be limited to a number of classes you can use. No support items and only one healer. The powerful classes will be limited in numbers and the less powerful classes will be like pawns. You have your avatar (King and Queen as one) and if s/he falls, it's checkmate. You'll be able to invest stats into each character, choosing skills, weapons, etc. Maybe even reduce the usage rate of weapons by a dramatic number? (since it's only one battle)

Overpowered skills that work purely on luck such as Lethality can also be banned, :dead:

I'm thinking it would work best something like what you've said. Maybe you could also not have more than three of any one class, all your stats would be maxed out to easily balance things, weapons could be limited to B/C rank and the OP skills would be banned. And all items would not be allowed. The maps would be the ones from the story mode at random (or through voting), with them being limited to the maps that both players have beaten on any of their save files.

And heck, maybe when battling friends you can toggle how many of each class you can use, whether or not all the units are maxed out (in terms of stats) base or advanced class units, whether or not items can be used, to what level weapons/tomes/staves are available (A-E), what skills are banned and whether or not you can win by defeating the Avatar. The default settings would be the normal standard online, with only the base/advanced setting being toggle-able. Likewise with what I've said earlier about maps, the only ones that would be available are the ones both players have beaten in any of their save files except you can actually choose from / vote on them if you want instead of one being randomly selected.

Reactions: Marc
If you could pair up in the online battles, it wouldn't really work out... Just think, Dual guard dual guard dual guard to the heavens. It probably wouldn't make it as fun. I also think disabling some skills wouldn't make it better as well :panda:

@IlikePastries, if that becomes an actual problem they'd have to limit the dual guard chance or just divide the percentages (and round to a whole number).

Considering the balanced stats, I guess Galeforce wouldn't be as overpowered with how it'd be a bit hard to defeat units, plus disabling Lethality cripples the usefulness of Assassins, but this is why you should be able to toggle this all when playing with friends. I can easily see both of those getting heavily used online with strangers.

I would like online battles in a future Fire Emblem game, it'll be nice actually playing against someone in such an amazing game which requires: strategy, leveling, skill-setting (and more) but there should be A LOT of restrictions with that feature. I don't think it'll happen, I do hope it does one day, but I don't see it possible, the restrictions would take out the joy, and make it much more complicated and it won't work well for the series. It won't be balance: with the equipment, rules, skills, characters, classes, it's just too much to take into account..

Back