Opinion: Auto-Battling

• Thread starter mono_cap
  • Start date
mono_cap

mono_cap

Senior Chief Detective-Aide
Towns Folk
What if Pokémon introduced auto-battling as in other JRPGs as a new mechanic? Would it be beneficial to the games or not? Discuss.

Actually, Pokemon has Auto-Battle in Wifi and Local mode lol But you have to finish your turn time for the AI to move for you. They did that to keep the game flowing without and AFKers. if they were AFKers though, the AI will have to move for them. I must say, the AI randomly picks a move from your Pokemon lol

Auto battling would be a good option to grind for XP/money, and it would be great if you could speed up the actions, like you do in Bravely Default.
Auto battle should also remember the actions you chose in the previous battle.

Auto-Battling should be more than picking a random move. For instance always using a super-effective attack when at an advantage and switching when you are at a guaranteed disadvantage/OHKO and have the proper switch in. I would certainly like to try it if it was available but my mind is more helpful than a CPU in battles especially when predicting is involved and you have stat boost moves.

This would be especially useful if O-Powers or something like it comes into play as it can stretch 3 minutes' worth of activity. Even with battle animations off (rather boring) and the text speed at maximum, ingame Trainer battles do take quite a length of time.

It might certainly seem convenient, but it wouldn't exactly be Pokémon, would it? Sure, you could use it to easily dismiss NPC's, or go through the elite four without much effort or paying attention while levelling your team up, but I sort of have mixed feelings about it. It wouldn't feel like a Pokémon game anymore. :confused:

Back