RMT / Team Help Opinions of movesets of these Pokemon

• Thread starter 2071
  • Start date

Hallelujah
Towns Folk
So I started replaying Pokemon White version and I wanted to breed a new team of Pokemon . Since I'm really not really knowledgeable in all those stuff like nature , and movesets , I would really like some opinions on movesets and others on the following Pokemon :
  • Tyranitar
  • Lucario
  • Braviary
  • Milotic
  • Serperior
  • Absol
You don't have to state on ALL of the Pokemon but some may be appreciated :) Tagging @Chopper and @Lios since I believe that they are most knowledegable in this :p Remember this is Pokemon Whiter version :p

Wow you are breed in White? :eek:

I will do Tyranitar and Lucario :p These are my favorites for OU. Idk what exactly you want though xP

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe -SpA)
- Pursuit-Traps and kills off weak Pokes
- Crunch-Secondary STAB for Pokemon like Jellicent
- Stone Edge-Main STAB that kills off many types including Flying
- Superpower-Lucairo and Terrakion and also last ditch effort

I don't usually like Choice items, especialy without Trick or a way to remove them, but it works well with this set. It can outspeed many threating Pokemon before dying. Sand Stream works well with Lucario. Partner with Choice Band Terrakion or Choice Specs Latios.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SpA)
- Swords Dance-To power up and can survive with 4 HP and then Bullet Punch or Extreme Speed if can't outspeed
- Close Combat-Last Ditch+Very Strong
- Extreme Speed-Take on scarfed users neutrally
- Bullet Punch-Solid priority move

Try to get as much Speed first and then attack as possible, because Lucario is extremely frail, and needs the boost. Bullet punch can be replaced but Gengar would OHKO it with Focus Blast.

Reactions: 2071
I'm curious to why you're building a competitive team in White version when Nintendo took down their DS/Wii servers last year, anyways I'm not really heavily experienced in the B/W metagame so the only Pokemon I can really address is Tyranitar, the sets for Ttar are practically the same from 5th gen to 6th gen except Choice Band Ttar was viable as it had very few switch ins making it a top tier threat.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Choice Band gives Ttar a 604 Atk stat, meaning very few Pokemon not named Hippowdon want to switch in to a Stone Edge or Crunch, Stone Edge gives you a powerful STAB move that either OHKOs or 2HKOs most Pokemon, Crunch is another STAB move that allows Ttar to handle Pokemon like Celebi and Reuniclus, Pursuit allows it to trap Pokemon like Latios and Latias and Superpower gives it a way to deal with Pokemon like Breloom and Terrakion if they decide to switch in.

Reactions: 2071
I'm curious to why you're building a competitive team in White version when Nintendo took down their DS/Wii servers last year, anyways I'm not really heavily experienced in the B/W metagame so the only Pokemon I can really address is Tyranitar, the sets for Ttar are practically the same from 5th gen to 6th gen except Choice Band Ttar was viable as it had very few switch ins making it a top tier threat.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Choice Band gives Ttar a 604 Atk stat, meaning very few Pokemon not named Hippowdon want to switch in to a Stone Edge or Crunch, Stone Edge gives you a powerful STAB move that either OHKOs or 2HKOs most Pokemon, Crunch is another STAB move that allows Ttar to handle Pokemon like Celebi and Reuniclus, Pursuit allows it to trap Pokemon like Latios and Latias and Superpower gives it a way to deal with Pokemon like Breloom and Terrakion if they decide to switch in.
Yeah so even though they took down the Wi-fi servers , I still pretty much enjoy it :D as well as because I never really finished completing my team , and if I ever got Pokemon X/Y then I can someday end them over :p so that's the reason . Thanks for the comment though :p

For Braviary and Serperior:

Braviary (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bulk Up

Physical Serperior
Serperior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leech Seed
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off/Return

Serperior can only learn Knock Off as a tutor move in Gen 5, so if you can get a hold of one with Knock Off, that would be a good choice.

Special Serperior
Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Calm Mind/Growth(if you want to run Serperior on a sun team use Growth, it gives +2 Att/ Sp Att in sun)
- Energy Ball/Grass Knot (Which ever one you prefer)
- Synthesis/Aromatherapy/Leech Seed (Again, which ever one you prefer)
- Giga Drain/Leech Seed (Need I say it again?)

Back