Opinions on the ds Zelda games

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So, there’s been some pretty popular Zelda games :D like Ocarina of time, Majoras mask and breath of the wild too, but what I haven’t seen talked about to much are the ds Zelda games, which are The phantom hourglass and sprit tracks, I personally haven’t played the phantom hourglass, but I have played spirit tracks favorite train simulator anyways when I played spirit tracks it was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed it, the new style of play, playing them on the go, etc. So I’m wondering, what was your opinions on these games?

I've actually never played them. I hear that Spirit Tracks is a really cool game though.

Reactions: AricAttack
Both of them are great games. Phantom hourglass’s main temple was awesome as you collect sand to increase the time you can survive in the temple, and you would progress through the temple to get new items to enter other dungeons to get more hourglass sand to progress through the temple. (The final boss was way too gimmicky though.)
Spirit tracks has a surprisingly good story for a zelda game. Driving the train was cool, and at the end of phantom hourglass i just wanted more so it was a great game to me. The final boss was less annoying too.

Both of these games also had excellent multiplayer modes.

Both of them are great games. Phantom hourglass’s main temple was awesome as you collect sand to increase the time you can survive in the temple, and you would progress through the temple to get new items to enter other dungeons to get more hourglass sand to progress through the temple. (The final boss was way too gimmicky though.)
Spirit tracks has a surprisingly good story for a zelda game. Driving the train was cool, and at the end of phantom hourglass i just wanted more so it was a great game to me. The final boss was less annoying too.

Both of these games also had excellent multiplayer modes.
Wait there were multiplayer modes in these games? What was it like? I actually never knew a Legend of Zelda Game would even add a multiplayer mode!

Wait there were multiplayer modes in these games? What was it like? I actually never knew a Legend of Zelda Game would even add a multiplayer mode!
Phantom hourglass was a mode where one player would be link, looking for triforce pieces to put in thier base zones (red or blue depending on the player) and the other draws lines on the map to control a phantom knight (kinda like spirit tracks before spirit tracks)
If the phantom is able to hit link, they switch sides and the phantom is now link. If the phantom doesn’t ever hit link, there is a time limit for the sides to switch. (But if one player runs out of thier time, it would be the other player’s final chance. Get caught or run out of time before getting more peices than your opponent or you lose.)
Its kinda a weird mix of capture the flag and football. I really liked it, and it used to be playable over wifi.

Spirit tracks is a four player all out brawl. There are triforce pieces, but this time you can just keep them in your pocket like rupees. You can hit people to make them drop triforce pieces, and in this one you could find items to fight with too. Whoever had the most triforce peices at the end of a certain amount of time won.

It was cool, but i only got to play 1 on 1, so I enjoyed phantom hourglass’s more.

Phantom hourglass was a mode where one player would be link, looking for triforce pieces to put in thier base zones (red or blue depending on the player) and the other draws lines on the map to control a phantom knight (kinda like spirit tracks before spirit tracks)
If the phantom is able to hit link, they switch sides and the phantom is now link. If the phantom doesn’t ever hit link, there is a time limit for the sides to switch. (But if one player runs out of thier time, it would be the other player’s final chance. Get caught or run out of time before getting more peices than your opponent or you lose.)
Its kinda a weird mix of capture the flag and football. I really liked it, and it used to be playable over wifi.

Spirit tracks is a four player all out brawl. There are triforce pieces, but this time you can just keep them in your pocket like rupees. You can hit people to make them drop triforce pieces, and in this one you could find items to fight with too. Whoever had the most triforce peices at the end of a certain amount of time won.

It was cool, but i only got to play 1 on 1, so I enjoyed phantom hourglass’s more.
Wow the Phantom Hourglass multiplayer minigsme sounds really cool! I know I would enjoy it lol

Spirit Tracks sounds so weird on paper. A Zelda game with... TRAINS? WHAT?
But it WORKS. It's seriously underrated.

Yeah. We got a young warrior off to save the world... And he gets to ride trains!

Reactions: AricAttack and Leej07
Yeah a lot of people said it was bad because of the trains but I actually really liked it

Reactions: Leej07
Yeah a lot of people said it was bad because of the trains but I actually really liked it
The only complaint i had about the train was that it could have been more fun, not that it wasn’t fun. The first few times you conduct the train they show how you can carefully navigate to avoid other trains, which i loved, but once you upgrade your train to take more hits or get the cannon, you are better off just going wherever and just shooting all your problems..
I would probably enjoy a train sim game..

Reactions: Leej07 and AricAttack
The only complaint i had about the train was that it could have been more fun, not that it wasn’t fun. The first few times you conduct the train they show how you can carefully navigate to avoid other trains, which i loved, but once you upgrade your train to take more hits or get the cannon, you are better off just going wherever and just shooting all your problems..
I would probably enjoy a train sim game..
The annoying part was when there was the demon trains or whatever

The annoying part was when there was the demon trains or whatever
You mean my favorite part?
We have very different tastes my friend.

You mean my favorite part?
We have very different tastes my friend.
Wait I mean the part when you’re driving on the normal tracks In the regular world but there’s those trains driving around trying to kill you

Wait I mean the part when you’re driving on the normal tracks In the regular world but there’s those trains driving around trying to kill you
Yup. I like dodging them. I wish there were more and that I couldn’t just shoot them out of the way, and i wish auto routing wasn’t a thing so it was more about dodging them and less about getting to your destination.

I loved the DS Zelda games, they were awesome! :D

My favorite would probably be Phantom Houglass, mainly because Linebeck is hilarious, and the game’s story was fantastic. Spirit Tracks was fun, but got repetitive after a while. Both games were still super fun though, and still are to this day! ;)

Back