Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters
RedWhaley14

RedWhaley14

The master of UwU was here.
Towns Folk

This year's Rewind received a overwhelming amount of dislikes and hate. It has almost four times as many dislikes as likes, and was criticized by almost everybody. What are your opinions on this year's Rewind?

Let me state mine. I didn't like it. I thought that Youtube completely failed at appealing to the masses this year. First off, Youtube relied on Fortnite WAY to much this year. Instead of trying to appeal to it's target audience through popular youtubers and memes, they tried to use Fortnite. They also used way to much dry memes, making this an unbearable video to sit through. There weren't that many recognizable youtubers in this rewind. The music was also VERY lacking this year. To top it all off, Youtube completely left out many important events this year (especially the Pewdiepie vs T-SERIES battle) and instead decided to focus on appealing to SJWs. Pretty pointless in my opinion.

Anyways, those are my opinions. What are yours?

Eh I didn't like it. It was kinda boring and corny. I also did not like the songs they used, unlike the previous years.

It's sorta symbolic of how youbute is going as a platform. They claim "we" choose what is happening, but "we" are shockingly disliking what "we" are choosing. Fix your platform, youtube, don't let single content creators die.

Reactions: RedWhaley14
Actually, Pewd vs T-Series was in thanks to JadenAnimations. But that whole thing is incrediby stupid so..

Youtube rewind has just become a joke throughout the whole community now as just being something that treats youtubers horribly unless you're the main stars of the video and something that is heavily censored.

This year there was no British youtuber section which was a first, and it was just filled with either Korean, Spanish or a couple of the big American youtubers. There was some people that took to twitter to say that they where flown across the world to shoot in it, but then was cut out of the final video, or others where straight up called "too irrelevant" by youtube themselves.

I don't know why anyone looks forward to these videos. We know they're going to be crap, more and more youtubers are refusing to participate in them now for very good reasons, and youtube creates these videos as adverts. They're not to showcase the community as a whole or everything that's happened in the year, it's to show off youtube in the best light possible for best advertising chances. Hence all the censoring and such. Youtube was never about the creators after it took off big, it was always about the money and publicity.

At least the animations where lovely to have. Nice to see they where finally included.

@Sky the Pewdipie vs T. Series things is really just a joke FYI. In one of his recent vids Pewdipie himself has said that he does not really care if T-Series passes him. He even said that he has a video ready for when T-series does pass him and jokingly said that he can't upload it yet because T-series still has not passed him.

As for rewind itself: There's a reason that it's the 2nd most disliked video in all of youtube. Of course that reason is that it's absolutely horrible. However credit where credit is due, there were like 2 things I liked about rewind overall.

1) No Logan Paul.
2) It was cool that they showed some support for youtube's animators.

That's it. My dislike list is much larger.

1) Fortnite.

Now to be fair to Youtube I did see this coming. I knew fortnite would be in rewind and I was preparing myself for the one or two minutes of cringey fortnite references. What I did not expect is for fortnite to take up 90% of the video. It was wayyyyy too much.

2) The whole "we control rewind" nonsense.

No you don't. The script was written for you stop acting like you have any power with what happens in rewind.

3) A lack of gaming representation (because fortnite doesn't count)

Since I mainly watch gaming on youtube I look forward to the little bit that represents the gaming side of youtube. Too bad Ninja was the only real "gamer" in it. Yes I know Markiplier was there but in a different context.

4) The whole "look how far this community has come" part of the video.

Look I know there were great strides made this year in terms of mental health awareness and minority representation so that's not the problem I have with this segment. No my problem is that youtube claims they have something to do it. Instead of last year where they were like "all these bad things are happening around the world but we as a youtube community will stick together and be there one another" this year they just straight said that youtube and it's youtubers had a lot to do with these strides that were made this year. Really youtube? Do you really think that? Because if you do that's just plain stupid. Sure Jacksepticeye and Markiplier raised a bunch of money through their charity livestreams but come on. Get off of your high horse youtube and face the music.

5) The whole "let's give the fans what they want part"

Great job youtube. You really accomplished that goal didn't you. It's not like rewind has almost 8.7 million dislikes and is the 2nd most disliked video on youtube or anything.

@Sky the Pewdipie vs T. Series things is really just a joke FYI. In one of his recent vids Pewdipie himself has said that he does not really care if T-Series passes him. He even said that he has a video ready for when T-series does pass him and jokingly said that he can't upload it yet because T-series still has not passed him.

Doesn't really matter if it's a joke or not IMO. It's getting incredibly stupid, and pewdiepie isn't a great person either. The whole "sub to pewdiepie" this is just way out of hand now, what with people breaking the law hacking hundreds of thousands of printers, taking over advertisments, spamming the hell out of everything online.

He might be taking it as a joke, but this whole thing can kinda shown how toxic a large majority of his fanbase is.

I actually disagree a lot here. Yes Pewdipie has done a few stupid things. I am well aware of that. However he always seems to get the bad end of the stick. Take this printer hack for example. It has been made out to be way worse than it actually is. Yes this guy hacked printers and made them print a thing that says subscribe to pewdipie. You know what he didn't do? Anything else. He could have done so much worse and just chose to send that message. Plus at the end he even said that you should probably take your printer off the internet as that is why it was hacked. It is getting a little bit out of control though? Sure I guess it is. But it won't that long anyway, T-series is bound to beat pewdipie sooner or later. It is just made out to be way worse than it actually is.

I actually disagree a lot here. Yes Pewdipie has done a few stupid things. I am well aware of that. However he always seems to get the bad end of the stick. Take this printer hack for example. It has been made out to be way worse than it actually is. Yes this guy hacked printers and made them print a thing that says subscribe to pewdipie. You know what he didn't do? Anything else. He could have done so much worse and just chose to send that message. Plus at the end he even said that you should probably take your printer off the internet as that is why it was hacked. It is getting a little bit out of control though? Sure I guess it is. But it won't that long anyway, T-series is bound to beat pewdipie sooner or later. It is just made out to be way worse than it actually is.

uh... you are compleatly aware that the guy who hacked the printers broke the law a couple times with that right? Like, computer misuse act sections 1 and 3. You can actually very easily get arrested for that for like, at least a couple years.

Pewdiepie has an audience of mostly young impressionable people. He has some level of responcibility for them. Shouting out extreamists/possible Nazi channels, being the type of person he his with his constant "humor", his empty promises and apologies, the list goes on. Sure, the media seems to attack him at every chance they have, but they're just the media. Felix isn't perfect though, and the stuff he's done over the years shouldn't just be excused.

I never said the things he did should be excused. I just think you're making a bigger deal out of something that is not really too bad.

Youtube Rewind 2018 is now the most disliked video on Youtube! After Baby held the record for 7 years, with no signs of any other video defeating it, Youtube Rewind crushes it in 7 days!

I'm so happy it did. If last year didn't tell youtube to wake the f up then this certainly will.

Absolutely hated everything about it. And yes, I did watch the video, although people’s opinions certainly didn’t help YouTube’s case. ><

It was just badly made overall, and Fortnite took up like 98% of the video. I’m a huge fan of Fortnite, and I understand that it was the most popular game of 2018, but come on, this is just ridiculous. YouTube Rewind is supposed to be about a bit of everything, not just one popular game.

But yeah, it was definitely terrible. It also felt like a very rushed project. Just saying, I hope they get their act together for next year’s YouTube Rewind. I usually don’t even watch them when they release once a year, but my god, was this one terrible. >.>

Youtube Rewind is now the most disliked video on youtube! This is probably going into the record books.

I was going to watch it but decided against it because of all the nasty opinions so I decided that would just waste my time (its not like i dont ever waste time doing useless stuff hehehehe). I hear it was terrible and just full of Fortnite stuff. Yeah Fortnite is really popular. Yeah Fortnite is "amazing". But seriously? Fortnite literally the entire video? Thats just insane. They better make next year's a lot better. Maybe next year's will be the most liked video ever. :p

I'm not sure there even will be a rewind next year tbh...

This was my very first Rewind.

It was so awful. What the heck, who wrote this?

So yeah I really did like it.

However, I like this version much better. It actually sounds pretty good!

Back