Ultra S/M Optimizing Chansey Leveling? Exp Share Questions

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so ive been chansey farming to power level my ultra sun pokemon (and some event mons but i wont use these much until postgame most likely) and ive wondered how many i should keep in my party besides a lv 100 absol i use for this. the reason im asking is because of some exp dispersion i heard being mentioned when levelling up in sword/ shield (meaning less pokemon gets you more exp in less time, excluding the popularly used max raid grinding in this case as its not applicable to exp share). im assuming the same rule applies in this game as well? if so should i only keep 3 pokemon who arent max levelled at a time? ive never tested to see if this is true but if it is this might help me level up even faster. thanks in advance

Here's what you need:
Intimidate mon (any will do but I use Gyarados): This one just increases the rate of calling for allies.
False Swiper: Same as above and they make sure you don't hit the one that's calling for allies. When that one Chansey out of PP you can switch to the other one as long as it's a Chansey I'm pretty sure.
Adrenaline Orb (they are cheap anyways).
Rotom Power Exp. Up

Since Chansey is a really bulky mon I suggest just using your Level 100 for damage. They don't get Exp. anyways so if you bring a couple in case one runs out of PP that's okay. I never team built the whole team in a day but it would still be faster with the Exp. Share on. You could do it with 1 or 2 mons but with False Swipe it really only leaves you with 2 extra moves. I also have a Hypnosis Crobat in case one is shiny.

Here's what you need:
Intimidate mon (any will do but I use Gyarados): This one just increases the rate of calling for allies.
False Swiper: Same as above and they make sure you don't hit the one that's calling for allies. When that one Chansey out of PP you can switch to the other one as long as it's a Chansey I'm pretty sure.
Adrenaline Orb (they are cheap anyways).
Rotom Power Exp. Up

Since Chansey is a really bulky mon I suggest just using your Level 100 for damage. They don't get Exp. anyways so if you bring a couple in case one runs out of PP that's okay. I never team built the whole team in a day but it would still be faster with the Exp. Share on. You could do it with 1 or 2 mons but with False Swipe it really only leaves you with 2 extra moves. I also have a Hypnosis Crobat in case one is shiny.
thanks, i will add a second absol or salamence soon for extra moves. i know using rotom PP restore is another option but theres a bit of very far in between rng with getting these... i believe the rerolls are soft resettable but i only have so much time for that and the levelling, cant always have it both ways here for myself. i think i will take your suggestion and use a second max levelled pokemon instead unless i get way too many rotom PP restores lol... also does the exp power stack with the lucky egg? im using this as well but no exp power yet (though i do have some, just not sure if both stack). if so i will start doing this as well

thanks, i will add a second absol or salamence soon for extra moves. i know using rotom PP restore is another option but theres a bit of very far in between rng with getting these... i believe the rerolls are soft resettable but i only have so much time for that and the levelling, cant always have it both ways here for myself. i think i will take your suggestion and use a second max levelled pokemon instead unless i get way too many rotom PP restores lol... also does the exp power stack with the lucky egg? im using this as well but no exp power yet (though i do have some, just not sure if both stack). if so i will start doing this as well
I think they stack and the more Lucky Eggs the better but good luck finding them in Gens besides 5. Rotom gets bored pretty quick so if you spam the bottom screen with taps he gives you more powers pretty fast keep in mind you only need to use 1 in battle (maybe before the encounter). and I don't think it goes away until the battle ends.

Reactions: Kadaj
I think they stack and the more Lucky Eggs the better but good luck finding them in Gens besides 5. Rotom gets bored pretty quick so if you spam the bottom screen with taps he gives you more powers pretty fast keep in mind you only need to use 1 in battle (maybe before the encounter). and I don't think it goes away until the battle ends.
yes, powers wont go away until the battle ends. i used a few encounter powers and they did not expire until i ended the battle by defeating the last pokemon. and for shinies save those catch powers, less room for a painful fail when they do appear. ive gotten 2 shinies in under 10 minutes a couple times, one chansey and one blissey shiny. also since they normally appear late timer balls are actually a good thing here, they seem to catch these very easily especially when paired with the catching power. other than shinies i would only use these on a legendary unless something is trying a bit too hard to be annoying. the most ive had to throw is 3 balls (1 timer, one repeat and one ultra), so they probably arent very hard to catch. i will try using the exp power soon, thank you for this...

Back