Oras shiny locked pokemon?

• Thread starter Kurokami
  • Start date
Kurokami

Kurokami

Sleepyhead...
Towns Folk
I heard that groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, and deoxys are shiny locked. Has anyone prove that wrong or some kind of proof they are shiny locked? Also I heard both lugia and reshiram can be shiny, so I'm assuming ho-oh and zekrom can be shiny. May I ask if anyone else found any of the other legends shiny?

I have also heard that Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys are shiny locked. I've seen pictures of shiny Deoxys, and on the gts, but those could easily be fake. I do know that Reshiram, Zekrom, Ho-oh, and Lugia AREN'T shiny locked. I'm currently soft resetting for a shiny Deoxys and I will post my results! (I'm assuming if Deoxys isn't shiny locked Rayquaza isn't either)

Found out that Rayquaza is probably shiny locked. You HAVE to capture it to progress in the story. With Deoxys you can defeat it and come back, so i'm still hoping it's not shiny locked. No results yet.

Reactions: Kurokami
I found someone that got shiny latios, so that means that not all story line legends are shiny locked. Also latias can be shiny!:D

I tried to soft reset for Rayquaza and deoxys, but I gave up because of cut scenes. I realize later that deoxys can be rebattle.:dead:

Yeah, I'm rebattling Deoxys so I can soft reset. :cat:

Most forums are on if's and but's about the shiny lock. Everyone's unsure at the moment since no one has hacked the game and looked at the code. This is what I'm planning to do even though it may take forever. I'll keep soft resetting until A) I have a nearly perfect 5 IVs maybe 31/31/25+/X/31/31 or B) Shiny Ray... i would prefer B but we'll see. There's always pokebank then resetting ... I'll lose items for a shiny Rayquaza any day lol.

at the moment these are known to be shiny locked but it is not completely known as it's still being tested.
(kyogre, deoxys, groudon, rayquaza)
I'm not sure if Latias/Latios from the story is shiny locked but I know you can get it shiny from SR with Eon Ticket.
I've been SR for a good IV+Nature Latias since yesterday and I see no signs of it ever being shiny LOL. Mainly because the sprite in the game shows her to be red. I also haven't found anything that confirms it can be reset for a shiny.

Considering thousands of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire copies have been sold, someone would already have gotten a shiny Deoxys, Rayquaza, Groudon, or Kyogre on their first encounter... :(

Yea ... it did sell a lot ... I call bad RNG KEEP FARMING WE MUST FIND ONE! lol

Side note this Ray i just caught was 31/26/2/31/31/31 ... rng trolls hard in alpha sapphire

edit: just captured a 30/30/20/30/30/30 jolly Ray ... guess I'll be resetting AS if shiny ray isn't locked

Last edited:
Back