Support Needed Original Wii Cords Fit Wii U?

• Thread starter N3DSXL
  • Start date
N3DSXL

N3DSXL

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Will the original Wii Cords fit in the Wii U?

Wii cords? What wii cord do you mean? There is no wii charger. Do you mean the cord that powers the Wii?

The power cord, the sensor cord, & the cord that connects the console to the TV. Btw, does the Wii U also have the Game Cube Feature too?

The power cord, the sensor cord, & the cord that connects the console to the TV. Btw, does the Wii U also have the Game Cube Feature too?
OK. I can check a bit later if it works and tell you what happened. How come you want to use the cords from the Wii for the Wii U?

From EBay, I was thinking of just getting the Wii U Console only someday & the Gamepad too someday & just use the cords from the original Wii to hook it up.

Thats what I thought. :p Yep I can probably check pretty soon and let you know what works and what doesn't. I don't see why they won't work but who knows.

Sorry. The cords and stuff are really far back and I'd have to move the TV to get to the cords. Sorry I couldn't help. I'm sure you ask the folks at https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu though. They would probably have the answer.

Hey, so the sensor bar actually has a different port, power cord is the same, and the AV cable works in both as well.

The Wii U doesn't have the gamecube feature if you mean the ability to load gamecube disks. Even this wasn't a thing in certain wii models.

Reactions: luigiFTW
Hey, so the sensor bar actually has a different port, power cord is the same, and the AV cable works in both as well.

The Wii U doesn't have the gamecube feature if you mean the ability to load gamecube disks. Even this wasn't a thing in certain wii models.
I can correct this. The av cable works, the sensor bar works, but the power cord is not the same. The wii u requires much more power.

So basically any way to connect your wii to your tv works on wii U too, and the sensor bar works. Many controllers from the wii are also compatible on the wii u, and the wii u can pretend to be a wii. It cannot play gamecube games.

I can correct this. The av cable works, the sensor bar works, but the power cord is not the same. The wii u requires much more power.

So basically any way to connect your wii to your tv works on wii U too, and the sensor bar works. Many controllers from the wii are also compatible on the wii u, and the wii u can pretend to be a wii. It cannot play gamecube games.

100% the sensor bar port is different. The port is mirrored so you cannot use a wii sensor bar on a wii u and vice versa. I litually looked at it yesterday. The power cable works in both as well, at least for me.

100% the sensor bar port is different. The port is mirrored so you cannot use a wii sensor bar on a wii u and vice versa. I litually looked at it yesterday. The power cable works in both as well, at least for me.
No I am pretty sure the sensor bar does work.

No I am pretty sure the sensor bar does work.
Yeah when i got my wii u my wii sensor bar was taped to the top of my tv so instead of ripping it off and taping the new one up im pretty sure i just plugged the old one into the wii u.

Yeah when i got my wii u my wii sensor bar was taped to the top of my tv so instead of ripping it off and taping the new one up im pretty sure i just plugged the old one into the wii u.
Yeah. The sensor bar shouldn't be an issue but Im not sure about the power cord or the cord that you plug into the tv.

Yeah. The sensor bar shouldn't be an issue but Im not sure about the power cord or the cord that you plug into the tv.
Hdmi wasn’t compatible to the wii, but I bought a Composite cord that was for the wii so I could play my wii u in 720i resolution and it worked, and before i got that cord i was using the AV three color cord from my wii to play my wii u. So yeah, im pretty sure that works too.
Power cord is different, as it needs more power.

Back