OU, is it really that good

• Thread starter asdf34
  • Start date
asdf34

asdf34

Pokemon Trainer
Towns Folk
While i was pondering on Pokemon Showdown i noticed that some Pokemon aren't entirely that great and some pokemon should go to OU.

Is Altaria really that good. Yes cloud nine is a good ability especially against the hailstorm teams and the T-tar's but i think its a bit too overrated. Once you mega Evolve you get the ability Pixilate. I don't think anyone carries an attakc normal move on an Altaria. Yes it does get the fairy dragon type which can be very OP but everyone carries some sort of poison slash steel type poke on there team.
Same with Azumarill. Once it is the last poke in your team Huge power ain't gonna be that huge. Thick fat is pointless. Sap sipper is good but i normally see huge power Assault vest.
Although i do run a Mega Loppuny team i do think loppuny is borderline. Yes she has Some sick pace and her attack can one shot many things and YES scrappy is amazing but when they live. Loppunny cant take hits.
I do think Mew should be Ubers. I love using transform and i like its moveset. Also Mega Venasaur should be ubers. Thick fat is too good. I think donphan should be BL because it is used for the knock off and rapid spin set up.

If you have your own suggestions leave a reply

While i was pondering on Pokemon Showdown i noticed that some Pokemon aren't entirely that great and some pokemon should go to OU.

Is Altaria really that good. Yes cloud nine is a good ability especially against the hailstorm teams and the T-tar's but i think its a bit too overrated. Once you mega Evolve you get the ability Pixilate. I don't think anyone carries an attakc normal move on an Altaria. Yes it does get the fairy dragon type which can be very OP but everyone carries some sort of poison slash steel type poke on there team.
Same with Azumarill. Once it is the last poke in your team Huge power ain't gonna be that huge. Thick fat is pointless. Sap sipper is good but i normally see huge power Assault vest.
Although i do run a Mega Loppuny team i do think loppuny is borderline. Yes she has Some sick pace and her attack can one shot many things and YES scrappy is amazing but when they live. Loppunny cant take hits.
I do think Mew should be Ubers. I love using transform and i like its moveset. Also Mega Venasaur should be ubers. Thick fat is too good. I think donphan should be BL because it is used for the knock off and rapid spin set up.

If you have your own suggestions leave a reply
Im sorry but I agree with none of your opinions... Hyper Voice is essential on EVERY mega Altaria set with its massive 165 power!!! (Same with m-Gardevoir) Huge Power is one of the best abilities there is and doubles your attack which is the best anybody could hope for. It is a good mid game sweeper and belly drum could maybe work in beggining game. It can sweep a whole team even it is last I have seen it happen. Mega Lopunny isn't supposed to be bulky it is a sweeper. Mew isn't a good pokemon because it has clear 100 stats like Jirachi and Manaphy. Mew two is better for Ubers :p

Mega Altaria is literally one of the best megas in OU, its typing is great, its ability is great, and it has quite a few viable sets (Dragon Dance, Dragon Dance + Cotton Guard, Special and Support), it doesn't matter if Mega Altaria is weak to Pokemon like Gengar and Excadrill because they can hit it super effectively, you can literally say that about every Pokemon, that's why you have 5 other Pokemon to support a Pokemon like Mega Altaria, it's called synergy. Azumarill got buffed in Gen 6 and got access to Play Rough and got access to Knock Off in ORAS, the Belly Drum variant is one of the greatest threats to Offense in OU and Choice Band makes it a great wallbreaker and with a Choice Band Aqua Jet can act as a pretty great late game sweeper, so you are completely wrong about Azumarill being useless late game. Mega Lopunny, along with Mega Altaria is one of the greatest megas in ORAS OU, Normal/Fighting + Scrappy gives it neutral coverage, it also has a great base 135 speed tier and access to Fake Out, it doesn't matter that it can't take hits very well, Mega Lopunny is meant to be an offensive threat, which it accomplishes very well, it's not a wall, it's not meant to tank hits and when Mega Lopunny can't OHKO or 2HKO a threat that switches in, you switch out Mega Lopunny into something that can reliably deal with said threat, you don't keep Mega Lopunny in. Mew isn't broken, base 100s across the board aren't that impressive and Mew really works best in a Support/Stallbreaker role, while a offensive variant can be viable, its typically outclassed by other Pokemon, it's not getting banned or suspect tested anytime soon. Mega Venusaur isn't Uber material, it's not overcentralizing and has pretty common answers in the form on Talonflame, Mega Gallade, Mega Medicham, Landorus, Latios, Ferrothorn and Mega Metagross, Thick Fat may be a great ability and gives it more bulk and makes Venusaur a great Stall/Balance Pokemon but really can't even be considered an unhealthy force in the OU metagame and most likely won't get suspect tested or banned any time in the near future. Donphan is fine in UU and while Knock Off may be a good move, it isn't incentive enough for Donphan to be moved to BL or OU, it doesn't limit teambuilding and isn't used often enough for it to rise by usage, it belongs in UU.

Reactions: Hikki
Time to throw in my two cents as a long time OU player...
Honestly, there are a lot of pokemon in OU that just aren't that great, but that's becuase of the ban list. When Aegislash got bumped to ubers, mega Blastoise dropped to UU just because it was one of Aegislash's reliable counters that also had rapid spin. The ban list causes people to add pokemon to OU due to the everchanging meta. Another example, Magnezone was ou only because of the ability magnet pull, making it a huge counter to Ferrothorn. Mega Manectric just so happens to be a HUGE counter to Talonflame because of intimidate and its 135 base speed. Mega Medicham has a staggering 200 base attack with 100 base speed, but gets countered by Talonflame(the most epic Pidgeot clone of them all) like a LOT of pokemon. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the "good" and "bad" pokemon get cycled in and out of OU due the next too op for the meta pokemon. And you're insane if you think Huge Power isn't good, just look at Mega Mawile.

Honestly if im looking at mega manetric i don't think its very good. Intimidate is decent but its a waste of a mega. Get a Salamence or an Arcanine or something like that,

Honestly if im looking at mega manetric i don't think its very good. Intimidate is decent but its a waste of a mega. Get a Salamence or an Arcanine or something like that,

I really just depends on the team. Mega Manectric was a lot more common before the release of oras. I've used it and I'd say it's alright. Having intimidate on a team isn't necessary and normally it's from lando-t on ou teams (or Bulky staraptor with intimidate over reckless). Mega manectric can do a decent sweep if teams come unprepared but I prefer agility ampharos as a mega n_n. Now that Starmie is OU after greninja's ban, manectric may be more common because starmie is a pretty good spinner and can get some good hits on stuff. Although there are other pokes who may be able to do the job better. It still think it deserve to be OU. And if not BL is the lowest it'll be going but I doubt it.

I think Intimidate is actually pretty nice on mega manectric as it gives it more survivability n_n.

Salamence? Salamence is mediocre at best in OU and has little viability, Arcanine? Completely unviable in OU as it is outclassed by Heatran. Mega Manectric is a good mega, it checks BirdSpam and with Intimidate + Volt Switch, form a VoltTurn core with the likes of Landorus T, it's one of the best offensive electric type in OU and is not a waste of a mega slot whatsoever.

Reactions: Vernal and Crystalites
whats bird spam. guessing staraptor and talonflame

whats bird spam. guessing staraptor and talonflame

Yh bird spam is spamming brave birds, it forces u turns from both star and talon or a switch whilst you can go for a volt switch on whatever comes in unless ground, and then you have hp ice. Mega manectric is a good pivot sweeper I guess.

i still dont think manetric's any good. i've seen politoed drizzzle mega manetric but really nah. Smeargle a pain to deal with even though it cannot take hits. trick room dark void spam.

i want to play pokemon aol day so ya ya ya so i fink pokemon is fun do you in choclat pokemon like ninetals wo ho ya pokemon super fun game want my fc for yurs please pokemon pokemon ya ya ya pokemon ya i love that game

i still dont think manetric's any good. i've seen politoed drizzzle mega manetric but really nah. Smeargle a pain to deal with even though it cannot take hits. trick room dark void spam.
Dark good is an alternative to Spore which puts foes to sleep with a hindered percent accuracy and dark void puts does to sleep, but only eighty percent accuracy is worse. The only bad thing about Spore is it can't hit grass types so ya:/

asdf34 I'll make a mega manectric team if you still don't believe it's that good and we can battle. Smeargle is easily countered by prankster taunt users and magic bounce users. Smeargle is quite predictable as it has set up moves and status moves making it easy to defeat. It can get annoying but honestly even with sash it's really easy to stop it annoying your team.

crystal. you know who i am and yes you could probably beat me with it. We still have our proper match to finish

Mega Manectric is pretty good in my opinion, it's a lot like mega Sceptile without the billions of weaknesses. However, Mega Sceptile is more of a special sweeper, whereas Mega Manectric can run as a pivot, a sweeper, or just something to shut down the birds. Mega Manectric has good utility combined with nice stats and a decent movepool, Mega Sceptile has no utility mixed with a very limited move pool and nice stats. Honestly, I think Mega Manectric is pretty underrated, it should see a lot more play.

Reactions: Crystalites
Well, as a heavy Ubers player, I don't know a lot about OU. But, I do know that Mega Manectric is a little underpowered. 99% of the time, I outspeed it. And I don't even have perfect Speed IVs; and, 100% of the time, I am able to OHKO it. And, @Vernal , nice analysis between Mega Sceptile and Mega Manectric. Very accurate, Mega Manectric is far better than Mega Sceptile. We need a dragon-type that is not weak to half the moves in the game. (No, mega altaria, I am not talking to you)

Reactions: Vernal
Back