Over 160,000 Nintendo Accounts Have Been Hacked

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
If you're not using 2-Step Verification for your account yet, I'll highly recommend doing so.

Nintendo has confirmed that over 160,000 Nintendo Network IDs / Accounts have been hacked and have been illegally accessed. If you feel like your account has been compromised, you should update your password ASAP and set up 2-Step Verification.

EWXQoQAU8AEaTiT

If someone has your account login info, they can reset the password and fully take control of your account.

I think the hackers sell these accounts for cheap because I've seen accounts sell for dirt cheap prices with lots of games. So if you see such accounts, don't buy 'em.

Reactions: Mr. Kream, 28142, Alex.Dips and 1 other person
I enabled 2fa as soon as I saw all the warnings on twitter, I advise every do so as well, just to stay safe!

Reactions: Alex.Dips
Guide on how to enable 2fa: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...ification-for-a-Nintendo-Account-1466677.html

I believe this attack was credential stuffing now that I've read a non-google translated report lmao. This is basically where when people use the same password across multiple sites, when one site gets hacked, that password can then be used to try and log into multiple other sites.

I guess someone just ended up making a database of logins for nintendo users over a time.

Don't use the same password for everything, and make it something complex, or even better, have a password manager with a randomise password option that'll create something like "Z2=[{gS%/z+3!Wk2@Y>bWGr7ZkEQ=6uW" Or if the site is stupid and wont allow symbols, something like "aHwcewWvTR5DAQ34W7AV29wD6Ypg6ET4". Obviously, don't use either of these as passwords, these are just here, freshly generated, to show an example of an actually secure password. One that you can easily remember (unless you have an insane memory) is not secure.

I would enable 2FA if i didn't have issues where 2FA always locks me out of my accounts...
The best I can do I guess is keep using a different random serial number for every password and hope nobody is magically able to hack my brain

I would enable 2FA if i didn't have issues where 2FA always locks me out of my accounts...
The best I can do I guess is keep using a different random serial number for every password and hope nobody is magically able to hack my brain

What you mean by "lock you out". If you end up not being able to always access your phone or 2FA device then you always get given backup keys which you should always keeep on hand. If you mean by it logging you out every now and then, most sites have a policy where your session will refresh after x amount of days and you'll have to log in again. For extra security.

What you mean by "lock you out". If you end up not being able to always access your phone or 2FA device then you always get given backup keys which you should always keeep on hand. If you mean by it logging you out every now and then, most sites have a policy where your session will refresh after x amount of days and you'll have to log in again. For extra security.
I mean 2FA has never worked for me and I've had to disable it every time I've used it because it locks me out, needing to use a backup key because my phone refuses to cooperate is too much work for me.

I mean 2FA has never worked for me and I've had to disable it every time I've used it because it locks me out, needing to use a backup key because my phone refuses to cooperate is too much work for me.

not sure how your phone can't co-operate with 2fa, mine's the worst phone in existance yet it can still open the google auth app and just show me the single screen. There's nothing overly complicated to 2fa, it's just constantly rotating codes that show. You don't have to wait for anything.

I would but I have a dumb phone and I can't get the authenticator app on my laptop. ;~;

Reactions: Deepak and AricAttack
I heard of this news via discord and that money stolen from eshop accounts was being used for Fortnite vbucks. I found this situation honestly ridiculous cause the money was being used for that and I assume that only. I'm hoping the criminal or criminals got caught tho. What I usually do to stay safe is not even save any credit or debit cards on my accounts so if someone where to hack my account there would be no payment option for them to hack into. Other than that stay safe everyone and make sure to change your password if you feel like someone could be into your account to monthly just to be cautious. Stay safe everyone. :)

Back