PC Overwatch: Solo Q

• Thread starter PalD2
  • Start date
PalD2

PalD2

Just some guy on the interwebs
Towns Folk
I was originally doubtful on solo queing in overwatch because of how my previos experiences were in CS:GO. Whenever I would solo q there, I would most likely have to carry a team of ragers against what always seemed to be a team of hackers/smurfs. However, since overwatch is a $60 game, that usualy eliminates hackers and smurfs, and I almost never find ragers, because Overwatch is a lot less stressful than CS:GO. Out of my last 5 matches of solo queing, I've won 4, and have gone up about 150 skill rating. This is great in comparison to 6-person queing, because most of the time, I would have to carry my team. Now, I get matched up with people about the same sr as I am.

I would like to hear your opinions on solo queing, wheter it be on Xbox, Ps4, or PC.

It's actually a surprisingly balanced match making system and the people you play with are generally cooperative and good. You get the odd bad game here and there but it's pretty solid (speaking of my experience in the first season of competitive, haven't had time to play in awhile so not sure how the new skill rating works and such). Luckily no hackers/smurfs too, makes things far more fair.
Greatest piece of advice I can give though is to buy a pair of microphones. Helps so much in the game, it's unbelievable.

Solo q is aight. You win some and win some. I play overwatch on PS4 and I say experience is ok. You can still cooperate with others in solo q infact I have cooperated and combined ultimates many times in overwatch competitive by myself. Though what's on annoying is people who just stay in the spawn to play around instead of moving the payload or taking the objective.

Back