Own forum?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
do you have your own forum? why did you decide to make one? what is it about? is it easy running your own? =3

I have one on Zetaboards. I decided to make one because all my other online friends were making their own forums. Mine is kind of just an all-around talk thing, mostly casual stuff and some anime though. The thing that makes it hard for me is lack of basic HTML and CSS coding knowledge, which is why I usually get premade templates/themes and leave it at that. It's better to just get a premade template than to mess everything up because you don't know what you're doing, lol. XD

I own a Pokemon forum. I decided to make my forum because I was interested in running my own Pokemon forum. My forum was about Pokemon X and Y, Pokemon White2/ Black 2 and Pokemon challenges (Nuzlocke challenges, character challenge etc). Running a site was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, there were a lot of things (mostly coding) that I really didn't understand/ know. There was also the fact that I was doing every thing by myself.

I used to own/run a popular Nintendo forum, and let me say that the experience itself is amazing. I built the site from the ground up because I've always been fascinated with the world of Nintendo, and always wanted to run a site. That said, if you plan to run a site by yourself, you're going to be in for a surprise-- It's not that easy. You need to deal with staffing, you need to deal with members, you need to deal with updates and many wonderful things that would easily be done with the help of other people.

Reactions: alugox, Mikaya and (deleted member)
I had an old Nintendo site that I started running by myself at first, but then made some friends and it made running it a lot easier. It never got too big because it was around the time the Wii U was released and there was nothing good out for the console. Eventually the place got really inactive, I had some stuff happen irl that prevented me from keeping the site going and I had to close it down.

Now there's this place and with a premium domain name (Nintendoforums) things are really looking good :)

Reactions: 2 people
I run Poliwager Forums, a Pokemon forum, and have for almost 5 years now (birthday is on the 10th!). I originally did it since I wanted to create a Pokemon community of my own to hang out in, and to help support my site. The hardest part these days is getting new people to join and find out about us...

I run my own general discussion forum. I had planned on dabbling in doing a forum for a few years before I actually took the plunge. I've used forums for many, many years, so got an experienced footing first, and I think that helped. It's been a struggle at times running my own forum as it's a big ask to get active members on a consistent basis, but at the end of the day it is an enjoyable thing to do, and it's always nice to have a community where you can discuss anything you please.

I planned to build one but it's not about games, it's about technology maybe i'll call it techbuzz or something as that but like ive said i'll be making on soon but not yet

I used to run my own forum but deleted it because I got tired of it. (Yes, I'm that type of person).

Sucks too, it wasn't anything special but it had about 300 members in it's first few months. Poor guys.

I've never made my own forum, but I am a mod at a retro gaming one. That's plenty, as (like others have said) they're lotsof work. I don't have enough hours in the day to do more.

I created a forum to talk with some online friends, and we are pretty active on it. But I'm too lazy to update the templates and all that stuff, and they're always telling me to add more emoticons and stuff like that and I never do it:rotfl::rotfl:

Back