Panasonic Q

• Thread starter AnimeGameKid
  • Start date
AnimeGameKid

AnimeGameKid

Time to Split!
Towns Folk
I don't own the system for myself, but I would really like to get one sometime. For those of you who don't know; the Panasonic Q is a GameCube model that came out in Japan only in 2001. This system supported DVDs which was really neat, considering Nintendo always lacked DVD support on their systems. However, since the system wasn't selling well, production stopped in 2003.
I'm a huge fan of the GameCube myself and have even been looking to play some Japanese games. Something like this feels cooler to have than the normal model. Also, I do know about the method of modding Wiis to play any GC/Wii game, but I'm no hacker so don't even bring it up!
And this other thing that always confuses me is whether or not this system is region-free. Some sites say it is, but others say a region switch was modded into it. I just don't know.
PanasonicQ.jpg

Wow, that actually looks pretty good! DVD feature on a old gaming system such as the GC is a nice touch! the design makes it look like a high-tech hi-fi but it's cool. Too bad it didn't sell well, I guess implementing DVD playback within a Nintendo system is out of the ordinary. Simple is much better. xD

That looks awesome if they had come out in North america I totally would have gotten one! Yes Nintendos consoles have lacked DVD support and it is amazing that such an older console had that. Thanks for bringing this up AGK I may want to look into buying one :)!

Oh my god, is that for real? I TOTALLY NEED ONE! xD

I seriously don’t believe I never knew about this! How much are they? Where can they be found? I must have one at all costs! :eyes2:

Honestly, that’s an awesome system! DVD playback is a nice little feature too! Like how PlayStation can play Blu-Rays, right? Neat!

Back