Paper Mario: The Origami King

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
All i can say is that this looks REALLY good.

Reactions: Mizunil
it seems they got rid of the sticker sistem, which is good to me

Reactions: Deepak
it seems they got rid of the sticker sistem, which is good to me

Yeah so, the menu that shows reads:

Action

Weapons | Items

Mario's Boots

No stickers

Looks great. Platforming from previous games, new battle mechanics... maybe some allies. But if I were Nintendo I'd want fanservice for the people who've played TTYD.

New video dropped!!! I really cannot wait for this game, it looks so adorable~

Video has info on combat, characters, world, story, bit of everything!

Only one month to go I'm so excited for this!!!

Reactions: 28142
What the heck did I just watch from that first post

New video dropped!!! I really cannot wait for this game, it looks so adorable~

Video has info on combat, characters, world, story, bit of everything!
Thinky Thinky Panic Intensifies

I just love how Bowser is folded up the entire time. XD

This game seems like a sequel to Sticker Star and Color Splash, rather than the other games in the Paper Mario series, which is disappointing to me, considering the original Paper Mario and TTYD were designed really well and a new game in that style would be amazing.

Reactions: Duffy
I just love how Bowser is folded up the entire time. XD

This game seems like a sequel to Sticker Star and Color Splash, rather than the other games in the Paper Mario series, which is disappointing to me, considering the original Paper Mario and TTYD were designed really well and a new game in that style would be amazing.
It's actually super fun! The battle system and World 5 could use some work, but overall it's a very good experience to have! The visuals are amazing, and the humor and personality is present throughout the game. And the soundtrack is AMAZING. But yeah I definitely agree it still feels a bit lacking...

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
tbh, idk if i would buy this game. if i would, i wouldnt like the fighting system. the only appealing aspect is the story, but the fighting system looks to complex. what ever happened to simply jumping on a head, and poof, they're squashed? everything looked quite fine till the fighting... :/

This game was so disappointing to me. I love the old Paper Mario games and I even loved Super Paper Mario. As we all know Sticker Star changed the entire series, with almost all the old fans universally disliking it. I never owned a Wii U but with as many people saying Color Splash was Sticker Star 2, I was happy to pass. This game looked like it could have been a return to form... but it wasn't. Another battle system I disliked, another game based on paper gimmicks rather then on the rpg mechanics. I will say the story seemed promising but I never finished it. Maybe one day. But until that day, let it be known that this was the game that made me give up on hoping paper mario could be returned to the type of game I like.

was excited for this one , was also hoping for more of original style of rpg games like older ones.
but it was not ment to be sadly....
otherwise it is at least more appealing overall than sticker star.
but one thing that continues to be good from these games is the music.
the music since thousand year door has been amazing!
the boss music for the games has been pure memmories.
the first paper mario has great music too.

Back