ParaFlinch

• Thread starter MMMs
  • Start date
MMMs

MMMs

After 2 years, I'm Back!
Towns Folk
ParaFlinching is kind of an annoying technique for it makes your opponent sit there getting hit while not being able to do anything. The opponent's Pokemon will either Flinch because of a flinching move, won't move because of Paralysis, or will get to attack. It has a higher chance of Flinching if the Pokemon who can flinch your opponent has the ability Serene Grace in which heightens the likelihood of added effects like Frozen for Ice beam, Paralysis for Thunder, Burn from Flamethrower and etc.

Here are some Pokemons that can use ParaFlinch easily

Togekiss
Item: Leftovers / Life Orb / King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves:
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Nasty Plot / Aura Sphere
Roost

Kangaskhan
Item: Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
Moves:
Body Slam
Stomp
Power-Up Punch
Rock Slide / Crunch / Bite

Jirachi
Item: Leftovers / King's Rock
Abilty: Serene Grace
Moves:
Thunder Wave / Body Slam
Iron Head
Zen Headbutt
U-Turn

Anyways, any Pokemon that can Paralyze and can Flinch a Pokemon (Not Counting King's Rock) can utilize ParaFlinch easily.

See ya next time guys lol

Reactions: Heart and 3dsatackman
Woah woah woah hold the phone. Don't forget Parafusion can get annoying too. I've did it in a few Multi Battles with Klefki/ Machamp No Guard Dynamicpunch. Now a flinch after that plus other stuff like attract would lead to the creation of the ultimate trolling device. In Gen 4 a Shed Skin Dragonair sweeped because it attracted and used TW and Attract. It didn't help I had a terrible team back then.

Reactions: MMMs
This is all too true, whenever anyone sees a Togekiss on the other team, we all know it has to be taken out immediately or it's all over. I wonder if safeguard protects from flinching.

Reactions: MMMs
I always bring my Dual Screen Kleki in Double battles lol Prio Safeguard is one of the things that makes Klefki awesome lol And ParaFusion is one of the most annoying tactics ever made lol I keep remembering the Gym Battle I had back in Gen 3 when Wattson (Electric Gym Leader) Keeps using his Magneton's TWave then using Supersonic later lol

Well I know inner focus can but I don't think safeguard can. It doesn't protect from Leech seed so it probably doesn't protect from flinch/crit. Super Luck, Shell Armor, and I don't think safeguard prevents Confusion because it cannot be Magic Bounced (after Dynamicpunch at least anyway). I like taking advantages with these things.

Teeter Dance with TWaving Safeguard Klefki lol thats annoying lol

Is it possible to have a Paraflinch+confusion status? More specifically, with Togekiss.

Is it possible to have a Paraflinch+confusion status? More specifically, with Togekiss.
Its possible lol :D Just let Togekiss learn a move that can confuse (I'm not sure if it could learn swagger though) like sweet kiss, etc. But Togekiss does better at TWave + Air Slash Hax. So confusion for it is kind of a gimmick IMPO >.> lol

Reactions: Neofang64
Back