Parasyte

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I started Parasyte today and I don't regret it. It's an anime that @Vii recommended so I decided to give it a shot and I'm loving it so far. The hand thingamajig made me iffy at first but don't let it hold you back from watching the anime.

Anyone seen it yet? What do you think? I just finished episode 3 <3

I haven't gotten around to watching Parasyte yet, but I've read some of the manga. From what I've seen of the anime in pv's and other things, it's different from the manga, but in a good way. :)

I'll probably wait til its finished airing before watching it, and since its animated by Madhouse, who for the most part are consistent in terms of quality, it's probably worth watching. I just hope I'm not disappointed....2014 has been a year for disappointments for me to say the least.

I'll probably wait til its finished airing before watching it, and since its animated by Madhouse, who for the most part are consistent in terms of quality, it's probably worth watching. I just hope I'm not disappointed....2014 has been a year for disappointments for me to say the least.
You're not going to be disappointed. I admit, I didn't like some stuff that happened at the ending of episode 1, but the next episode and the others made up for it tremendously.

And true, waiting for most of the episodes to be released is a good idea because waiting for the next is torture D:

I love this series! I read the manga years ago, which I stumbled upon by accident, if I remember that correctly. They shortened a few things in the anime, but it's still pretty close to the original. I would do better without the cliffhanger endings, though... Especially since I know what's going to happen anyway.

Reactions: Marc
I'm not entirely certain what happened in the anime version of Parasyte, but I do remember the manga was one of the most thought provoking I've ever read. Say elarithon, if you're reading this, which do you think was better: the manga or the anime?

I'm not entirely certain what happened in the anime version of Parasyte, but I do remember the manga was one of the most thought provoking I've ever read. Say elarithon, if you're reading this, which do you think was better: the manga or the anime?
That's a hard question... And It has been a while since I've read the manga.

I like the artstyle in the manga better (It looks classic, if you can call it that. It's pretty old.), and if you want a more detailed story you'd go with the manga.
But the anime is pretty darn good, it's well drawn and it has everything significant that happened in the manga so far.

If you want the full story now, go with the manga. The anime is released weekly and it's only at episode 6 now.

I wanted to edit my previous post, but there seems to be a lack of a ... button. For editing. Or maybe I'm blind? Let me know what the case is anyway. I apologise for my lack of sight in advance.
I wanted to show a comparison between the manga and anime, between something made around 1990 and something made today, 25 years later. It's just a screenshot of the anime with a sample from the manga. I thought it might interest someone.

Hm, why does he wear glasses in the anime? I completely forgot that he doesn't in the manga.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hm, why does he wear glasses in the anime? I completely forgot that he doesn't in the manga.
It looks geekier, so they probably wanted the psychological effect in the viewer that comes with a relatively minor change to character design.

Back