PC game streaming service may be coming to Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
We may see a PC game streaming service on the Nintendo Switch if things between Rainway and Nintendo go well. The app is supposed to deliver 60fps streaming of your PC games.

So far, so good :
Rainway said:
We received an update from Nintendo today and we hope to have some good news for you soon.
The app, if published in the Nintendo eShop, will be free to download.

Rainway isn't going to give you access to a range of PC games to play. You'll likely need to own the PC games yourself in order to play them. I'm not 100% of how things work but that's what I get from reading their site.

Are you guys excited to play your PC games on the Nintendo Switch?

Reactions: Ethendor
Yeah it sound good. That be really good if they do games that you can get on steam. Then I can play sonic 4 on switch

That sounds awesome though my question is how is it going to work for games that need mouse and keyboard like an rts, mmos, or pc first-person shooters. But otherwise this sounds great

We may see a PC game streaming service on the Nintendo Switch if things between Rainway and Nintendo go well. The app is supposed to deliver 60fps streaming of your PC games.

So far, so good :

The app, if published in the Nintendo eShop, will be free to download.

Rainway isn't going to give you access to a range of PC games to play. You'll likely need to own the PC games yourself in order to play them. I'm not 100% of how things work but that's what I get from reading their site.

Are you guys excited to play your PC games on the Nintendo Switch?
Oh man, this would be a feature that would definitely be a buying point for me as I'm not exactly getting 60 frames on my Windows Vista computer (And upgrading my computer/monitor would be arguably more then a Switch), but there are so many questions, like what games would be compatible with it, what would the quality of online play be, would we be able to link a Steam account? Definitely something that would be cool to have though!

I do agree with everyone's points, but I can't personally see it happening because it might allow an emulator backdoor access to the Switch, along with any games people might have illegally downloaded for it. I could be wrong and it might just involve any Steam games you purchased and installed. If the latter is the case, and it actually gets approved, I will gladly try it out,, asI got a backlog of games on Steam I could try on the Switch.

Honestly I don´t think this good nor bad, it is just not interesting to me. Sometimes I stop to think about my gaming experience and you know what??? I find myself not getting the most of it, let me explain it. Nowadays we are all connected by the internet and many people want to be in as many places as they can, streaming is letting this happen (in a way). But in the end, it is like people who stream games do it just for the sake of pretending to be important and they don´t actually enjoy what they are playing.
I am not against playing online or streaming online games I just think people don´t get the most of their gaming experience.

I have hundreds of games on steam so give me this and i will never buy another game.
This is probably why Nintendo is against it.
I have been planning on getting a bluetooth thing so i can use my joycons on my pc to play those steam games the way they were meant to be played. I have the whole sonic franchise exept 06

If this cones to switch i think that would be amazing actually! Even a range of free games from pc would be nice.. Smite,tera erc who knows but either way they do it it would be sweet

Back