PC Gaming / Console Gaming VS. Mobile Gaming (Your Opinions)

• Thread starter King Of 3D
  • Start date
King Of 3D

King Of 3D

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
Ok, so this is a huge topic, Home Systems Gaming VS. Mobile Gaming! There are a lot of pros and cons to each one, like Mobile gaming you can use anywhere but PC / Console Games you can only play at home, but also PC / Home Games are usually better then Mobile Games in terms of graphics, etc.
So what do you guys think? Tell me by leaving a comment / reply and like always have a good day and also have a great weekend :)

Just to be clear, did you mean Handheld gaming? Because Mobile gaming usually stands for games on mobiles devices, aka cellphones.

PC is good but costs to get into and keep capable of playing games.
Console you sacrifice processing power and therefore graphics but you dont have the whole having to check specs to see if you can play a game, it lasts until the next console is out.
Mobile gaming ref comment above

PC gaming is superior in graphics and performance to all consoles, but consoles are cheaper to maintain, simpler to use and last longer than any single PC build.

Mobile games (on smartphones) are generally quick and dirty minigames meant to waste time on, they're superseding handheld console games on the sense that smartphones will always be more portable than handheld consoles.

Handheld gaming is basically portable home console gaming at this point. The games available on current handheld consoles are comparable with last-gen home console games.

I prefer consoles (both home and handheld) by virtue of not really needing to set them up, and Nintendo consoles getting more exclusives than other platforms. Furthermore, I don't really have to bother with settings, bugs nor anything else.

The market is huge on mobile games because survey says, people play it to pass time during commute or when waiting for something. It's good for casual no-brainer games because you can whip out those casual games on the spot and close it when you're done, all in your mobile. It's also the only kind of games my mom plays because she hates complex ones; I guess there are just people like that.

As for me, I prefer handheld games because they're cheaper and usually have the RPGs I like. PC would be next because it's reachable to almost any user with a decent build. Home Consoles are the hardest to sell because they're expensive. (I'm tempted for the PS4 because of FFXV and P5!)

As one who has played with each of these games at least once, here are my following opinions.
1) Home Consoles: simple idea to grasp, just buy it, set it up, and you're ready for action. Anyone can get a Nintendo console, the more privileged people get Xbox with Live, as well with Playstation plus network.

2) Mobile Consoles: once narced on for not being as great as home consoles, mobile gaming has evolved so you can play anything on the go. (That may evolve even greater with the Switch coming out.)

3) PC gaming: It has it's roots in history, lately it feels like it requires advanced hardware to get your full bang from your buck. (Most people aren't as skilled in doctoring their own PC, and haven't the money to pay for it, and some other guy to install it for you. Or buy a PC with those built in...) sure most games can be optomized to fit, but some can't and I feel left out of the fun...

The switch is the best of Home Console gaming and Handheld Gaming/Mobile Gaming sorta if you mean it that way, so, PC + Switch gives you the best options, but if I had to pick one, I'd go with switch

I think that PC gaming is the best because you get great graphics, it isn't too expensive to have a decent lineup of games, STEAM specifically is great, and if STEAM isn't your type of thing, *ahem* I don't think it's right, but that aside *ahem* emulators are a thing if you feel comfortable using them and you get all the perks of console gaming in a PC.

If we're counting handheld consoles like the 3DS into the former, then we've already got a clear winner. Usually, the divide is between PC and console, so they'd easily win if paired up against pretty much anything else.

If they're in the latter, it's a little trickier. Here, it comes down to hardcore and casual play. I'd believe casual to be a winner as a general preference as well as what's more popular in the mainstream but hardcore ("home") players make up the general gaming community so they would still objectively win.

All in all, with these factors taken into consideration, I'd say home consoles and PC win, regardless of which side handheld is on - though having handheld factored into the former would make it a clear winnder.

Ew yikes I hate mobile gaming. Give me a console or a handheld over a phone for sure!

All of these have different cons and pros tbh.

Mobile gaming, when I think of these its usually just games on my phone that have 5 minute rounds, or I'll play for 10 minutes at a time. Its similar to handheld gaming, but its meant to be quick, and light (and usually free!). Many mobile games usually don't focus on the storyline aspect, but the gameplay. Whereas handheld games keep the portability, but when I want to play a 3ds game, I get invested in the story and the game takes focus and time to complete. Mobile gaming for me is usually just for quick and simple entertainment.

Console gaming is pretty easy to get into, you get the console and game, and its all set up for you. This is really the main type of gaming I've been involved in. Mainly for the Nintendo exclusives, looking forward to the newest games is usually what I've done, so I've never invested time into PC gaming.

I can't say much about PC gaming since I don't do much it (although one day I'd like to). PC gaming seems to be a little more complicated, especially if you're going for something specific. This can be both a con and pro, much more customization then the other categories. If you're decently serious about PC gaming, this can be great for many people, but confusing or slightly intimidating to newcomers. PC gaming can also usually be slightly more expensive, but seems worth it. PC gaming has usually given you a larger choice of games and more exposure to indie games (but consoles are getting better at this now).

Ultimately each version is different, and good in multiple ways.

Back