Pearl and marina or Callie and marie

• Thread starter AricAttack
  • Start date
AricAttack

AricAttack

Pittoo
Towns Folk
So a lot of people here play splatoon 2 and a lot of people played splatoon 1 and splatoon 2 made the game even better but 1 thing I think that splatoon 2 should’ve kept in the squid sisters for the news pretend the story doesn’t exist cause I’m sure I’ve heard before that people don’t like pearl and marina and prefered the squid sisters but that’s my opinion, what’s your thoughts?

When I first played Splatoon 2, I was MAD. I had gotten so used to the Squid Sister in Splatoon, when I first saw Pearl and Marina, I was like “WHAT?!” Thankfully, they were awesome, and now, I’m really into them. I’ll be honest, Marina is probably one of my favorite characters in a video game I’ve met in a while, and the fact that Nintendo intertwined the Squid Sister back into the main story just made my day. It was a very smart move on their part, and to this day, I love what they did to the storyline.

Also, who else thinks Marina could be such an awesome anime character? She’s got the shy personality, the look, and the eyes! I’m just saying.

Reactions: AricAttack
I never played Splatoon but I like Pearl and Marina equally (maybe more Pearl). Callie and Marie are just eh for me.

Callie and marie were simple, and that was fine. Having news before playing the game was new to us. They also had a slightly interesting storyline.
I prefer the squid sisters, but off the hook is a interesting bunch. They have a deeper background, with pearl being a bratty rich kid and marina being the girl with the exotic hair and enchanting voice.

“with pearl being a bratty rich kid”

Good choice :D
Something doesn’t add up...

I prefer Callie and Marie. They were both so adorable and worked well together. I like the fact they are related (cousins). They're witty and come up with funny punch lines (not saying Marina and Pearl don't, but I can relate more to Callie and Marie). Marina is overrated and don't really care much for her. Pearl is innocent but gets all the hate for some reason. I think Marie was the more popular squid sister (Finale Splatfest winner, Woo!). 'Stay Fresh' is a better slogan, Not gonna lie.

Reactions: Mizunil and AricAttack
Marina is overrated and don't really care much for her.
I’m sorry, what did you say? It sounded like you were saying Marina is overrated. No, you couldn’t be saying that, cause Marina is loved by everybody. Of course you didn’t say that, RIGHT? :eyes2:

I’m sorry, what did you say? It sounded like you were saying Marina is overrated. No, you couldn’t be saying that, cause Marina is loved by everybody. Of course you didn’t say that, RIGHT? :eyes2:
Marina is a bit overrated. Pearl is too underrated too. No please don't kill me!

Marina is a bit overrated. Pearl is too underrated too. No please don't kill me!
/kills Shiny thirty three times

Reactions: Shiny
I prefer pearl and marina over marie and callie. It might be due to the fact that i've never played splatoon 1 and have no connection to them other then seeing them in story mode. And also, since they're related, they both look similar, which can be a good thing to some but a bad thing to others. I feel like pearl and marina are more diverse . Like their personalities, their species, they're like literal opposites. I like that about them.

Squid Sisters in my opinion sound way better by voice alone. The overall character design though goes to Pearl and Marina. Then again I could totally change my mind if the next game has a new talent connected to the story. (not the others aren't)

Reactions: Deepak
Hard to pick cause i love all four of them >_<. Marie is my favorite out of the four cause she has that sarcastic and moody nature i very much enjoy. I like the rest of them tho and how different their personallities are to one another. Pearl and marina are really cute together. I'm not sure if their like canonically a couple or something but many of their dialogue hints that they are and thats just me. I hope to see more of all four of the wonderful idols in splatoon 3.

Pearl and Marina. I don't dislike either but I slightly prefer Pearl and Marina's designs and their names are better too (lol don't @ me).

Pearl and Marina. I don't dislike either but I slightly prefer Pearl and Marina's designs and their names are better too (lol don't @ me).
Calamari for the pun though? Pearl and Marina sound like a show or place in Orlando. :D Also come to think of it Splatoon had a secret agent vibe right? So they could fit right in with a James Bond film. Know any fish related ones by heart? :p I'm just teasing. Also if you get the joke I'll like your comment just saying.

Reactions: Duffy
Back