Persona Q Persona Q:Is it worth getting??

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
In my life playing games,I've played alot of them.From Nes,to N64,to Gamecube,to Wii,and the hand-held systems.One of the games I like playing from time to time is RPGs.They're pretty fun,it tests your brain. :) But one game I keep hearing about is Persona. .-. The way people talk about it,it sounds like 'it's the knees of the bees'. (Swoozie reference. ;) ) Persona Q's pretty expensive,so I'm on the fence.Is it worth getting? Is the Persona series any good? :eek:

It's a spin-off but imo it is worth getting for that $50.

I purchased the game on its release and I already have around 9 hours invested in the game when I'm only at the second floor of the first labyrinth. I am playing on the second to last difficulty plus I'm taking my time, so those two things can be factored in.

The mapping system (from what I heard it's something from Etrian Odyssey) takes your mind off of the lack of third-person view. I'm someone who wanted to see my character walking around in an open-world style maze, just so you know xP

^ I do enjoy drawing lines to make walls. It took me a while to understand how to correctly place icons too, :oops:
  • The battling system is really good. The way they mixed voice acting into it only makes it better.
  • The way you see characters walking through a door in a labyrinth makes up for no third-person view =/
  • Voice support is a great addition - it reminds you when your leader's health is low, a character talks and mentions that s/he's a bit low of energy, and sometimes it's just silly yet enjoyable to listen to some of the characters talk.
  • Graphics during battle is good. In labyrinths, not too bad.
From what I've heard, all of the characters' personalities are the same from their Persona games, but it can be a little confusing to those who know little to nothing about Persona (not a major issue though).

If you're looking for social links, then this game doesn't have such a thing to offer.

Reactions: D4rkDragon and P2.0
Since you actually have two different two different stories (the point of view from both heroes) each with their own touches (like a different battle theme), voice acting even in battles [kinda like Persona games but this would be your first one] and the battle system is great [experience from the main series].

I don't know about the mapping part {i know it's a mix between the first Persona games and mostly Etrian Odyssey} so no opinion here.

Still, Atlus usually worth its price, and this is a great example of it.

Reactions: P2.0
@Marc :Oh,I've played a demo of Etrian Oddesy:Untold.If it's anything like that,I may enjoy it. :)

It is my first time in the series,and I would have to go for the most expensive one,wouldn't I? XD @ErixSan :The voice acting sounds cool,I like hearing that in games at times.Hearing that is especially helpful in battle,because I'm usually concentrated on beating the heck out of the enemy in front of me,lol. ^^'

Arrigato,you two. ^^

It looks like one hell of a game. If you liked the Etrian Odyssey demo, then you'll probably like this. The only problem I can foresee is that the game is meant to be a fanservice game, a crossover of two older games, so I don't know how well the characters are explained to people who don't know the characters.
Still the music, gameplay and visual style should be enough for anyone to buy this game.

so I don't know how well the characters are explained to people who don't know the characters.
They aren't. It's like if everyone knows each other already and the events just occurred at some point in both games.

Edited: There are descriptions of them though (such as student at X school etc but that's it).

Last edited:
They aren't. It's like if everyone knows each other already and the events just occurred at some point in both games.

Edited: There are descriptions of them though (such as student at X school etc but that's it).

I guess it's to be expected. After having characters that become fully developed over an entire game it would be kind of weird having small introductions for the characters.

I guess it's to be expected. After having characters that become fully developed over an entire game it would be kind of weird having small introductions for the characters.

Well, it's a game for fans of the series so it has sense, also needing around one hour of cinematic for the 18 characters to know about each another can be boring as hell...

I don't know if there's a relation with the Persona 4 fighting game in terms of the story, since there are a few Persona 3 characters there.

I suppose this game wasn't planned as an introduction for new fans (Aka Layton x Attorney and its lack of challenge), mostly because you have spoilers from the opening.

Some of the voice acting for Persona 4 characters are terrible in Persona Q. I just listened to a couple of 'em in the game today. If I had to choose, I'd say that Naoto Shirogane's voice is the game is the worst =/

Yukiko Amagi also has a terrible voice in the game and I actually like her, :panda:

Edited: I take back my comment about Yukiko Amagi. Her voice acting is alright when she talks slowly.

Last edited:
Hmm, that's a pity. Naoto and Yukiko had pretty good voice actors in Persona 4, but maybe it's more of a personal liking.

Checked 5 minutes of Persona Q...

About the voice acting, in my opinion:
1.png

I say it is worth to buy it. Just make sure you don't mess up your map

It's been a bit since you originally asked this, but if you're still wondering on whether to pick it up or not, I would recommend it. A few people have already given some pretty good backgrounds to the game in general so I'll just add this little piece of advice. If you're a fan of Persona in general or even just the EO games, you'll really enjoy this one. It'll have a little bit of a slow slog about 2/3'ds of the way through, but it really doesn't detract the rest of the game that much. Besides if you get it, I can send you good Personas though QR codes! It really does help out. :)

Did you ever pick up the game P2? It's a really good game , good story , good music ,good art and it has a lot of funny moments too with the characters. It 's a good buy and sometimes I see it for sale in the e-shop pretty often. They also added some decent DLC to it , a few personas and voice changes for the navigator.

Did you ever pick up the game P2? It's a really good game , good story , good music ,good art and it has a lot of funny moments too with the characters. It 's a good buy and sometimes I see it for sale in the e-shop pretty often. They also added some decent DLC to it , a few personas and voice changes for the navigator.
I never did, unfortunately. :( I wanted to, but it's was never on sale when I had money, and always on sale when I didn't have it. XD It really does look kinda fun, though.

I never did, unfortunately. :( I wanted to, but it's was never on sale when I had money, and always on sale when I didn't have it. XD It really does look kinda fun, though.
Aww poor p2 *hugs* I hope that your eventually able to get it cause I'm very sure that you would enjoy it a good bit.

Back