Persona Q Persona Q Party

• Thread starter nicklesimba
  • Start date
nicklesimba

nicklesimba

New Kid from Dreamland
Towns Folk
Who's going to be in your party for Persona Q? And what protagonist will you pick? With only a few weeks till release, the hype is real! :D

Hmm I'm planning at least two playthroughs. First party would be P4 Main, P3 Main, Rei and Zen, Kanji and Yukari. It's balanced from both sides and has adequate healing as well as elemental strengths and Kanji for power. Second playthrough would be with the P3 cast but I'm not too sure of the party. If physical attacks are stronger, I'll replace Rei and Zen, Kanji and Yukari with Yukiko, Chie and Junpei otherwise I'll take Yukiko, Mitsuru and Yosuke.
This shows how deep the casts of P3 and P4 are. I could go through a third playthrough with totally new characters in my party with all the characters still being awesome (except Ken...)

Reactions: nicklesimba
Team leader: P3
Well, actually you can use any party since Persona-using is not restricted in this game. Rei-Zen's skill is unknown at the moment (and they can't use Persona)... The remaining will be P3 cast, I guess, leaving Ken/Koromaru/Shinjiro behind.

Team Leader: P3

I don't know about the PQ exclusive characters but I do know that I'll be using a combination of Chie/Akihiko/Aigis/Ken/P4 Main. I can't remember how many combatants are allowed, though. Is it 5?

Yep 5 members per party

Reactions: SaiSymbolic
Question: Why does everyone dislike Ken in their party?

I feel like I'm the only one who appreciates Ken's immunity to Elec in exchange for a Darkness weakness. Ignoring my avid dislike of Yukari (which doesn't matter when I'm planning battle teams), I find that her weakness to Elec to be kind of debilitating and, since I use Aigis pretty much exclusively, I don't really like having two Elec weaknesses on one team.

I guess, in a way, I answered my own question. Everyone has different playing styles so...yeah. I like Akihiko/Aigis/Ken because I'd have Debuffer/Buffer/Support and I like teams like that :)

It's actually nothing to do with stats or strengths and weaknesses, it's really because Ken himself was such an annoying character.

It's actually nothing to do with stats or strengths and weaknesses, it's really because Ken himself was such an annoying character.
I guess I'm the minority then because I actually liked Ken lol but I have high tolerance for what people consider annoying (even though annoying is subjective to each specific person)

Question: Why does everyone dislike Ken in their party?

I feel like I'm the only one who appreciates Ken's immunity to Elec in exchange for a Darkness weakness. Ignoring my avid dislike of Yukari (which doesn't matter when I'm planning battle teams), I find that her weakness to Elec to be kind of debilitating and, since I use Aigis pretty much exclusively, I don't really like having two Elec weaknesses on one team.

I guess, in a way, I answered my own question. Everyone has different playing styles so...yeah. I like Akihiko/Aigis/Ken because I'd have Debuffer/Buffer/Support and I like teams like that :)
Why do you not like Yukari? Do you mean in battle or as a character?

Why do you not like Yukari? Do you mean in battle or as a character?
I dislike Yukari as a character because I found her to be very...unpleasant, for a lack of a better word. People like her because they find her actions very realistic given the circumstances but I found her to be kind of presumptuous, whiny and bratty. I also disliked how she acted in The Answer towards Aigis, which was due to jealousy and grief, completely disregarding the fact that the rest of her friends were probably in just as much pain as she (I also dislike Mitsuru in The Answer). There's also the fact that she's sort of pushed as the "canon" love interest and I generally don't like when games do that when you're given a choice of who you want to court (except not really in P3 'cause you go with all the girls). There was also a personal sort of feeling I had the at the MC wouldn't really like a girl like Yukari but that's not really important :p

Surprisingly, these grievances are only present when playing as a Male!MC and not as the Fe!MC as I feel the Fe!MC sort of fleshed out the rest of SEES and was generally more pleasant than the Male!MC in certain instances.

Oh...as a side note, I also don't have any attachments whatsoever to Shinji unlike a vast majority of people :/

I always want to focus on a single party, so I added the two MC's for the coolness,
the two healers: Yukari and Yukiko,
and Zen/Rei, because are the only new characters and have a good set of skills :D

Finally bought the game (more than 2 years after I planned to lol) and decided to stick to the same team I decided before apart from switching Chie in for Kanji. I've heard that Rei and Zen get outclassed in the later game (since no sub-persona) so I'll stick with them for now, might switch them out later for Akihiko or maybe Naoto (I've heard she's great but I don't really like light/dark movesets and didn't like her as a character either). I've heard Aigis is great too but she also was a kind of meh character for me compared to the others in P3.

I picked the persona 4 characters at start. I beat the game using Fuuka as my support , the mains characters Yuuki , Yuzuru of the mains games persona 3 and 4 , teddy , Mitsuru, and Zen as my party. I plan to go back and play it again from the persona 3 character's stand point but after I get done with a few other games that I have a backlog of 1st. I did get some of the summons dlc for it so I'll have fun playing it again for a 2nd time.

Back