• Thread starter Arctic JD
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arctic JD

Arctic JD

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
While I am a GREAT Fan of the Persona series, is persona Q worth it? i mean what if i end up being like; "Wow, this is boring" and end up setting my 3DS down once and for-all? What is the games better marketing prices? I mean, where can i find this cheap? I found a gamestop price for well, 40$.

While I am a GREAT Fan of the Persona series, is persona Q worth it? i mean what if i end up being like; "Wow, this is boring" and end up setting my 3DS down once and for-all?
It's different from Persona 3&4 from what I've heard. The characters are the same though (personalities do not change).

You'll be spending a lot of time exploring labyrinths similar to Etrian Odyssey. When you walk through a door for example, you see the character walking through it as well (they talk too) :

PQ AiW.jpg

If you're not a fan of 'em (like myself / I prefer SMT4's third-person exploring), drawing on the mapping system will take your mind off of it, ;) It took a while for me to understand the mapping system (at first I didn't like it because I felt like everything should have automatically been drawn in after exploring the location, but it's actually fun) but it's a great addition.

pq drawing.jpg

I love it ^.^

In my opinion, the game is worth every penny. I'm still on the first labyrinth (3rd chapter) and I already have around 10 hours invested in the game. Take note that I'm playing on the hard difficulty so that might factor into the time spent.

When you're finished with one side, you can choose the other (P3 hero or P4 hero). I'm not sure if the contents are different besides the characters and dialogue since I haven't reached that part yet in the game.
I mean, where can i find this cheap? I found a gamestop price for well, 40$.
The game just came out so you're not going to find it cheap at stores. Atlus normally has discounts regularly via US eShop so you might be able to grab the game for $10 off after some weeks have passed (and maybe even $20+ off later).

Do you know when an English version will be available cheap?

Hmm, the gameplay is not at all like the Persona games, with battling and exploring being more like that of Etrian Odyssey games. If you like that style, then you'll love this game though many, like me and Marc prefer the regular Persona third-person exploring. The characters however are from P3 and P4, with a lot of fanservice thrown in so you may like that. Also the music is typical Persona excellence, so it's well-worth it for that alone.

As for when it will be available cheap, you can wait for an Atlus sale, which could be anywhere from Christmas to some time next year for all we know.

I've never played a persona game. What are they like? (I did play some Etrian Odyssey demo's and I love those games)

It will sound weird to hear Persona 3's MC talking lol

I'd really like Persona Q to be like P3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Persona games are a mix of third person dungeon crawling and dating/friendship simulator with great characters and excellent music, as well as a deep story. There's even some decent customization with equipment, where the persona you use in battle can be fused into new ones.
Persona Q is much more etrian Odyssey style. The dungeons are all first person and the dating sim is removed, though there are still a lot of character interactions.

I couldn't really get on with the Etrian Odyssey games. Persona Q has made it fun by giving me characters I already care about and adding them in. The difficulty is quite ramped up from P3 and 4, but it's lovely

But is it fun even if you did not play a Persona game before?:confused:

But is it fun even if you did not play a Persona game before?:confused:
from what I've seen, yes.

I think I'll wait for this game to be on sale and give it a try, it seems interesting enough but I don't think I'll want to pay the full price for it if I'm not quite sure I'll love it.

I think I'll wait for this game to be on sale and give it a try, it seems interesting enough but I don't think I'll want to pay the full price for it if I'm not quite sure I'll love it.
Great idea

I've already decided that I'm gonna go ahead and buy it. For me though, it's just a matter of waiting for it to go on sale (or at least cheaper than $50). I have a feeling that won't take long as SMT:IV pretty quickly got a permanent price cut.

I've already decided that I'm gonna go ahead and buy it. For me though, it's just a matter of waiting for it to go on sale (or at least cheaper than $50). I have a feeling that won't take long as SMT:IV pretty quickly got a permanent price cut.
Yeah, Illn buy it too. I love the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, especially Persona games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back