Survivor
Towns Folk
I saw a review for a game called Phantom brave:
I saw it's possible to possess objects and make them do
things but that's it,I also saw it was on Wii
and PlayStation 2. Has anyone who played it tell me
if it's worth buying?

I loved Phantom Brave <3

But unless you enjoy grinding like hell you won't really enjoy it. It's just not for everyone

Reactions: Kakea
I loved Phantom Brave <3

But unless you enjoy grinding like hell you won't really enjoy it. It's just not for everyone
Ah.....I thought it was a adventure game.... never mind. Especially if there's only grinding
(I thought it had unique ideas)

Ah.....I thought it was a adventure game.... never mind. Especially if there's only grinding
(I thought it had unique ideas)
Well, it has unique ideas alright.

The basic concept is that the protagonist can recruit and summon phantoms (playable units, soldiers, mages, monsters, healers, etc) by confining them to items on the battlefield, they're the player's units. But phantoms can only remain in battle for a few turns, after which they will vanish for the rest of the battle. In other words, you need to make many units to be able to last in battle, which means grinding each one of them.

It focuses on leveling both characters, their skills, their stats AND weapons, like many other NIS games, and has a pretty nice plot, but it's not meant for on-the-go play xD

Oh... that's where the constant grinding comes in... It seems necessary, instead of insane now...
I DID like another NIS game: Rhapsody a musical adventure. I might look for it
if it was on any system I own. (I don't have money to buy a new console, but if it's on Wii
or DS I'll buy it.)

Reactions: Blue Knight
It's another of Nippon Ichi's cult classics, like Disgaea, except... from what I've seen, it's essentially a strategy RPG without a grid. Interesting concept. But all I really know for sure is that Ash and Marona, like many other of Nippon Ichi's mascots, got a cameo as a playable character in Disgaea 4.

If you like Nippon Ichi's games, suppose it's worth checking out. I likely would've played it myself by now if it was actually available for any of the platforms I own. But it's not, so I stick to Disgaea and their other series instead, they're practically pulling out games at lightning speed even now. Poison Control comes out next month, too.

Back