Philips sue Nintendo

• Thread starter JunZhi
  • Start date
not the first company if I remember right to sue Nintendo over a system.

Because Nintendo didn't agree to another CD-i game.

Reactions: 18
well, that's kind of stupid. Good luck to Phillips. xD

What is this world coming to exactly? =P

maybe they're just jealous of the Wii U's so-called success. xD

Famous companies these days... Al they want to do is sue each other... I mean seriously do all of these companies try sue the other famous companies just so they can become the biggest amd richest company? Maybe there plan is to become the best and then slowly rule the earth! :eek:

Patent trolling, patent trolling everywhere...

The lawsuit is silly and Nintendo will win just like they win every other lawsuit. Besides, if Phillips' patent was filed back in December 2011, Wii U was probably just about done production. >.>

Famous companies these days... Al they want to do is sue each other... I mean seriously do all of these companies try sue the other famous companies just so they can become the biggest amd richest company? Maybe there plan is to become the best and then slowly rule the earth! :eek:

I wouldn't really consider Phillips famous anymore tbh. They haven't been doing much lately.

I agree, honestly, I forgot what Philips were for a second, their products are outdated now (well those that I've saw). But anyways, everyone tries to sue Nintendo for the most ridiculous things. Nintendo will win again..

I read the lawsuit and everything carefully, the only thing I got from it is that Phillips is trying to get more attention and money since they're near bankrupt. Poor Phillips, they made quality CD/DVD/Blu-Ray burners/readers

I read the lawsuit and everything carefully, the only thing I got from it is that Phillips is trying to get more attention and money since they're near bankrupt. Poor Phillips, they made quality CD/DVD/Blu-Ray burners/readers
Yeah, the company is practically begging for some extra cash, I don't think they should have taken it out on Nintendo, in such a ridiculous way.

Yeah, the company is practically begging for some extra cash, I don't think they should have taken it out on Nintendo, in such a ridiculous way.
Phillips was crazy as long as since I remember (about 10 years). I remember they sued Sony for stealing a patent for the 20-X98B Player (Dual Sony Walkman) and lost 3.2 million $

Philips is to blame for this. Really, they're suing Nintendo for this, but Nintendo has been using this technology since 2006 !
What are they going to do next ? A new CD-i ? Or maybe, I know, sue Microsoft and Sony for the same reason, because they have Kinect and the PS Move.

Really, Philips is one of the worst companies ever. Hope that they'll lose against Nintendo.

I don't think it was really necessary for them to sue Nintendo.

I don't think it was really necessary for them to sue Nintendo.
Well, Philips are just doing this for money, that's more than obvious. I hope that Nintendo will win, because Philips are being idiot to do this, while this technology exists since the Wii (2006).

Wow. Phillips is on rage mode. Honestly, if they needed to sue Nintendo, they should have done it at the time of the Wii. (Like they were going to be successful :p)
There is no point of suing a company after 4 years, just because they have been accused of infringement.

Nintendo got sued for the 3DS's 3D techonology too and it ended so quietly I don't even know if it ended. :bag: Philips are wasting their time. @srgs 's post made me laugh though :hilarious:

Reactions: srgs
People will sue just to sue, or sue just to get money. That is what our world has become.

Back