Philips wins patent case against Nintendo UK

• Thread starter Goten4
  • Start date
Goten4

Goten4

Thunder Knight
Towns Folk
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/06/20/philips-wins-patent-case-against-nintendo-in-uk/

Philips Electronics has announced today that it has won a case against Nintendo in the United Kingdom. The lawsuit is part of four against the Japanese company. Philips says that the patent is related to motion and gesture tracking systems used in the Wii. Philips has filed lawsuits against Nintendo Germany, France and the United States. It’s unknown how much money Philips were entitled to.
Any thoughts on this?
I guess Philips is still sore about the CD-i, and needed money bad.

Philips is an atrocious, abysmal company. They are worse than Activision and EA, finally.
Seriously, suing Nintendo worldwide... :facepalm: What's next ? Suing Sony and Microsoft for having the PlayStation Move and the Kinect ?

Or are they trying to make the CD-i 2 and dishonour Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft at once this time?

well, that's kind of stupid/pointless. What is this world coming to? just shows how low and lame the company can be...xD

I hope they get as little as possible. :p

I'm gonna SUE Philips!!!!!!!!!!!

well, that's kind of stupid/pointless. What is this world coming to? just shows how low and lame the company can be...xD

I hope they get as little as possible. :p

I won't imagine how "popular" Philips will be after this. That's sure that people who support Nintendo will boycott them for sure!

And yeah, hope that Philips will lose in France, and get as little money as possible.
Though I still don't get why they won; the Wii and its wireless features was released in 2006!

I won't imagine how "popular" Philips will be after this. That's sure that people who support Nintendo will boycott them for sure!

And yeah, hope that Philips will lose in France, and get as little money as possible.
Though I still don't get why they won; the Wii and its wireless features was released in 2006!

True and also ridiculous, if they said: Philips wins against france, with 5 euros! I will be laughing my <censored> off.

I am honestly never going to buy a Philips product ever again, they are all bad quality and I have already switched to Sony TV's and Toshiba, the only thing I use Philips for are for my surround sound speakers but that is just because I don't want to buy new ones.

A multinational being childish. That's a first. :eek:

Back