Photoshop or GIMP?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
which do you prefer using and why?

back when I did GFX, I used GIMP. Free and simple to use. PS is just to difficult to get used to. Expensive, too. xD

GIMP, because it's free and I'm poor. :p

I actually prefer PS, I just never use it as it is far too expensive, and GIMp suits my needs perfectly well.

Photoshop for me. Being that I am a Graphic Designer as an occupation, I get the latest Photoshop for free =)

I prefer GIMP over Photoshop. GIMP is almost the same as Photoshop. I have been using GIMP for years.

I prefer Photoshop, but it's very expensive so I'm kinda forced to use GIMP.

Photoshop, of course. Just have to get it through *cough* other means *cough*.

I'll use gimp cause it's more easy to use than photoshop i use to use it on my macintosh.

photoshop isnt really hard to use depending what version cs4 and cs5 are the easiest . it the same with gimp the first verison was hard to use

Both were difficult to use at start from my experience with 'em years ago, but after time, they became easier to use. If you have the patience to read tutorials and follow steps, you should remember your way around the programs eventually.

As for the question, I prefer PhotoShop. I'm not sure why, but every time I saved an image in GIMP, it lost some of its quality. Layers, animation, cropping and making backgrounds transparent are a lot easier in PhotoShop too.

I've never used GIMP and I never plan to, Photoshop has everything I need and (in my opinion) is pretty simple to use, too.

Not that I bought Photoshop or anything.

Back