Physical Sylveon: Is it Troll or Viable?

• Thread starter Vernal
  • Start date
Vernal

Vernal

Hero of Thyme
Towns Folk
So I stumbled upon a build for Sylveon that consisted of: Return, Curse(this is a MAJOR part of the build), Rest, and "???". I modified it a little bit to: Curse, Rest, Last Resort (this one makes it more of a troll build), and quick attack. I think quick attack on Sylveon works well just because it's around a 78 base power (after the calculations of STAB and Pixilate bonus). It's basically a Fairy-Extreme Speed. I know it's not as strong as Mega Pinsir with quick attack just because of Sylveon's lack of attack, but after a few curses, it certainly packs a punch. So what I was thinking for a Physical Sylveon competitive build would be:

Sylveon @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Curse
- Wish
- Dig/Heal Bell/Protect
I like the Wish and Dig idea just because it is kind of trolly and it gives you better coverage since it counters your 2 weaknesses and fire, but Protect would be a bit more viable competitively. The build is honestly is stronger due to the surprise factor. Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for Sylveon or really any pokemon you want to discuss. Have a wonderful day, and thank you for your time. Happy hunting ;)

Well, this may surprise you but this is not the first time I see a physical Sylveon set :p

It is obvious that you'll need to Curse in order for this set to work because of Sylveon's pitiful Attack stat. Have you considered running Doouble-Edge? It's the most powerful (besides Giga Impact and Last Resort) Normal-type move at Sylveon's disposal, paired up with lefties and Wish the recoil isn't much of a problem for it. I don't think Dig is a good idea though, because it's a 2-turn attack your opponent can simply switch to a Flying-type/Levitator or use Protect so I was thinking something more like:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack
- Curse
- Wish

Mono-Fairy offense isn't bad itself, as it's resisted only by 3 types.
But to me, it's more of a trollish set lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Vernal
Maybe switch one of the moves with Return? Max happiness pixilate return would do some really nice damage. Overall though a 65 base attack makes me feel like its not gonna do much in battle.

Sylveon has base 65 Atk and Def which are completely awful even with investment. If you're going to use Sylveon offensively, use a Choice Specs set, because unlike a Curse set, it's not complete Taunt bait...

Well, this may surprise you but this is not the first time I see a physical Sylveon set :p

It is obvious that you'll need to Curse in order for this set to work because of Sylveon's pitiful Attack stat. Have you considered running Doouble-Edge? It's the most powerful (besides Giga Impact and Last Resort) Normal-type move at Sylveon's disposal, paired up with lefties and Wish the recoil isn't much of a problem for it. I don't think Dig is a good idea though, because it's a 2-turn attack your opponent can simply switch to a Flying-type/Levitator or use Protect so I was thinking something more like:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack
- Curse
- Wish

Mono-Fairy offense isn't bad itself, as it's resisted only by 3 types.
But to me, it's more of a trollish set lol

I was thinking about the Double-Edge, but I don't care for recoil as much unless it's a sweeper that is meant to go away after killing one or two of the enemy's pokemon
Maybe switch one of the moves with Return? Max happiness pixilate return would do some really nice damage. Overall though a 65 base attack makes me feel like its not gonna do much in battle.

Return is pretty good for this set too. Funny story, on the site I read this from, a completely attack invested Gardevoir with return would do more damage as a neutral hit than a fully invested Brave Bird from Talonflame. Return is a good idea, I just like the last resort thing because it's goofy.

Sylveon has base 65 Atk and Def which are completely awful even with investment. If you're going to use Sylveon offensively, use a Choice Specs set, because unlike a Curse set, it's not complete Taunt bait...

I know it's not that great competitively, like I said, the build is stronger due to its surprise factor.

So I stumbled upon a build for Sylveon that consisted of: Return, Curse(this is a MAJOR part of the build), Rest, and "???". I modified it a little bit to: Curse, Rest, Last Resort (this one makes it more of a troll build), and quick attack. I think quick attack on Sylveon works well just because it's around a 78 base power (after the calculations of STAB and Pixilate bonus). It's basically a Fairy-Extreme Speed. I know it's not as strong as Mega Pinsir with quick attack just because of Sylveon's lack of attack, but after a few curses, it certainly packs a punch. So what I was thinking for a Physical Sylveon competitive build would be:

Sylveon @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Curse
- Wish
- Dig/Heal Bell/Protect
I like the Wish and Dig idea just because it is kind of trolly and it gives you better coverage since it counters your 2 weaknesses and fire, but Protect would be a bit more viable competitively. The build is honestly is stronger due to the surprise factor. Feel free to leave your thoughts and ideas for Sylveon or really any pokemon you want to discuss. Have a wonderful day, and thank you for your time. Happy hunting ;)
Is it even possible :p
Last resort isn't that good because Sylveon could possibly die easily by a bunch of bullet punchs and such :/
quick Atack is very frail because usually an extreme speed would have STAB leading it up to 120 base power :nailbiting: Curse is a bad move because you could just switch out and you lost 1/2 HP :p That would also ruin Syvleon's longivity but wish could make up for it I suppose

Is it even possible :p
Last resort isn't that good because Sylveon could possibly die easily by a bunch of bullet punchs and such :/
quick Atack is very frail because usually an extreme speed would have STAB leading it up to 120 base power :nailbiting: Curse is a bad move because you could just switch out and you lost 1/2 HP :p That would also ruin Syvleon's longivity but wish could make up for it I suppose
Curse doesn't cut the Pokémon's HP if it isn't Ghost-type, instead it raises Attack and Defense by 1 stage and lowers Speed by 1 stage.

Curse doesn't cut the Pokémon's HP if it isn't Ghost-type, instead it raises Attack and Defense by 1 stage and lowers Speed by 1 stage.
oh whoops, I derped lol I forgot this was about Syvleon and not a ghosttype :facepalm: but wouldn't these stats be wasting Syvleon's full potiental? I don't like stats/movesets that aren't accumtomed to what it could be better but whatever :p

Back