RMT / Team Help Pick a God and Pray! (A Deoxys Attack Team)

• Thread starter Zukrad
  • Start date
Zukrad

Zukrad

Just spam F-Air in the neutral and hope it works.
Towns Folk

(Click the image to go to the team's song)

Introduction
I really, really like Deoxys-Attack in Ubers, there are not a lot of Pokémon that can switch in safely against it, but I haven't found a lot of teams that uses it.

I actually don't build teams in Ubers, like... at all, despite of being my favourite tier to play, and I ussualy ladder with sample teams, or fun teams that I find online, so this would be my first time actually building a team in Ubers.

Teambuilding Process
deoxys-attack.png

I start building my team with Deoxys Attack, of course.

deoxys-attack.png
arceus.png
scizor-mega.png
xerneas.png

Whenever I play Deoxys Attack, the most annoying Pokémon to fight are Mega Kangaskhan, EKiller, GeoXern and Yveltal, since they can handle Deoxys.
After trying some checks combinations, like MegaMence, Giratina-O, Yveltal, Lucario, and some other mons, I found Arceus-Ghost, Mega Scizor and ScarfXern the more fitting.

deoxys-attack.png
arceus.png
scizor-mega.png
xerneas.png
129868F04.png

So far with my team can't really handle Fire types really well, so Primal Kyogre seemed to be a good idea.

deoxys-attack.png
arceus.png
scizor-mega.png
xerneas.png
129868F04.png
groudon.png

I know that Primal Groudon is ussualy the better option over Groudon most of the time, but I needed a Stealth Rocker that also could check Primal Groudon.

deoxys-attack.png
arceus.png
klefki.png
373MMS.png
129868F04.png
383-p.png

After the suggestions from @Level 56 at Smogon, I have replaced Scizor with Klefki, Xerneas with Mega Salamence and Groudon's item

The Team
deoxys-attack.gif

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Deoxys Attack should really be used more often, it can 2HKO a big chunck, if not most of the metagame.
The set is pretty standard, but with 4 more EVs in speed to speed creep other Deoxys Attack.
Psycho Boost is obligatory STAB that hits like a truck, Superpower and Ice Beam is for coverage, and Extreme Speed is to pick up weakened Pokémon that can outspeed Deoxys.

arceus-ghost.gif

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog / Focus Blast

Arceus Ghost is amazing. It can beat 1v1 most EKiller sets, and deals completely with Mega Kangaskhan, it also can deal with opposing Mega Lucario, Mega Scizor and . The set is the standard, allowing it to tie with other Arceus Forms, and survives a Jolly Life Orb +2 Shadow Claw from EKiller.
Judgment is STAB, Recover for longevity and WoW cripples stuff. Defog helps me against hazard spam and Sticky Web, as well as helps keeping Salamence healthy. If you don't care about hazards, you can use Focus Blast over Defog, this allows you to 2HKO Refresh EKiller after rocks or burn damage.

klefki.gif

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Klefki can check Xerneas without HP Fire/Ground, Latios and Latias. Access to Prankster Thunder Wave helps handling Pokémon that are faster than Deoxys Attack. Toxic wears down Pokémon like PGroudon, PKyogre, Lugia, Ho-Oh and other bulky Pokémon that can take a hit from Deoxys a kill with any move. The EVs spread gives Klefki max special bulk while taking less damage from hazards, and the 8 EVs in Attack gives Klefki an slightly better Play Rough

latest

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh

Mega Salamence is truly amazing. Refresh + Roost alows him to be a decent status absorber, helping against Ho-Oh, WoW Arceus, and PGroudon. Min Happiness gives Salamence max damage while making opposing Ditto with max Happiness hit for less. The EVs spread allows Mence to outspeed base 90 Pokémon, while giving him max bulk + minimun Stealth Rock damage.

kyogre-primal.gif

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Kyogre checks Pokémon like Ho-Oh, as well as it can bait opposing Primal Groudon to get them weakened so someone else in the team has an easier time cheking it. Sleep Talk allows me to soft check Darkrai as well.
12 EVs in Speed allows Kyogre to outspeed Diancie befor it mega evolves and OHKO it.

groudon-primal.gif

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Primal Groudon is my Stealth Rock user, and helps me switching against Primal Kyogre, as well it gives me a check to Xerneas.
The set is the standard one, with Roar over Thunder Wave to deal with stuff like CM Lugia, which can destroy me unless I get a critical hit.
Groudon-primal will always survive a boosted Focus Blast from Geomancy Xerneas after Stealth Rock damage and two layers of Spikes. It also avoids the 2HKO from Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam, Zekrom's Outrage, and Jolly Mega Salamence's Double-Edge after Stealth Rock damage.

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 68 Atk / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Frustration
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Conclusion
So, yeah, If you have any question about this team, ask me in the comments ;)

Last edited:
*sees Rest on Kyogre* SO SAVAGE!

Back