Mr. Kream

Will Mod Your Soul
Forum Moderator
latest
graphics-pikachu-226022.gif
latest
latest
latest

So last night I made a VGC team for lulz in Pokemon Showdown that still isn't complete and called it "Cutesy Nonsense." I centered my team around Pikachu, as in yes, Pikachu is the sweeper and this entire team supports him. It's fairly strong and since reaching this edit of them, I've only lost once with them.

Albeit not with Pikachu nor the simulation I wanted, here's one of them: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-309368752

And another showing what this team started as: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-309325391

Let me know what you think and who the last person should be.

Mister (Gigalith) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard

Master Chu II (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Volt Tackle
- Protect
- Brick Break
- Quick Attack

Skyfall (Tornadus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Substitute
- Tailwind
- Protect

BlaCcScar II (Dialga) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Blizzard

Kiwi III (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Protect
- Dragon Ascent
- Earth Power

Edit: A third simulation because H8Rs gonna hate.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2016-309393585

Last edited:
I used to run a pikachu sweeper team where Smeargle would shellpass to pika and Pika would proceed to 6-0. But they banned shellpassing so that's gone T.T

I used to run a pikachu sweeper team where Smeargle would shellpass to pika and Pika would proceed to 6-0. But they banned shellpassing so that's gone T.T
That sounds devastating and I didn't know that combo was banned, so it's good that you told me, although in what format is it banned?

That sounds devastating and I didn't know that combo was banned, so it's good that you told me, although in what format is it banned?
OU

I had no idea...

I had no idea...

They banned batton passing speed + another stat

So now you can pass attack+defense+spatk+spdef+accuracy or you can pass only speed

Also, Choice Band Wide Guard?...

My personal recomendations, these are completely under my opinion, and Im not even that good at doubles, but I understand the meta enough

Use Raichu over Pikachu: Light Ball may sound good on theory, but his poor speed, bad defenses, and the fact that legends are everywhere and is a doubles battles makes Light Ball not that worth. Support Raichu is awesome for your team, having acces to Fake Out, Nuzzle, Encore and even Endeavor (event move) can give you the opportunity to set up Tailwind (and that Lightning rod gives "Inmunity" to Tornadus)

This is the set i use in battle spot, if you don't have the endeavor event, use protect over it

Raichu @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Encore
- Endeavor / Protect

Im using Air Ballon over FS because tornadus is using the FS

For Tornadus, I would reccomend you to use this set

Tornadus @ Focus Sash
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Role Play

Hurricane for damage, Tailwind and Taunt for team support and Role Play... you will see in a sec ;)

For Rayquaza... don't use it... Rayquaza is strong and can get you guaranteed 1v1, but other than that... it has three mayor flaws in this meta: Is a Legend, is a Mega, and is quite frail
The fact that Rayray is a legend means he is using the space on your team that other legends could be using.
Ray is also a mega, that means in one battle, you can't use Mega Ray and other mega at the same time
And finally, Ray is amazaing in singles, he just set ups and sweeps, but in doubles, this is different, because there are 2 Pokemon in the opposing field, wich is quite bad for Rayray

My reccomedation is to throw away Ray and use Primal Kyogre instead, since is not only a better Pokemon in this meta, but also fits better on your team. He is an amazing partner for Raichu (most teams use Thunder to take care of Kyogre, wich Raichu loves) and for Tornadus (Tornadus gives him tailwind support and can use Role play to reactivate the rain once is gone, while gaining perfect accuracy in Hurricane)

Set
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Protect

I love Dialga in this meta, since it can check Xerneas without being weak to the most commons Xerneas counters (Golduck for example), but use this set instead

Dialga @ Choice Specs
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Earth Power

This set is not mine, is from a Japanese player called pprk_sr

Here is his explanation:

単体火力と範囲の広さがウリ。特にグラードンを眼鏡流星群で仕留め切れるのはとてもありがたい。
また、相手のカイオーガに対して雷で高打点を持てるのも大きかったです。
大地の力は対策が薄くなっていたメガクチートやメガゲンガー用に。一応、グラードンにも撃てる。

実際に使ってみて、上からどんどん削られてしまうことが目立ったので、
もっとSに振るか、スカーフを持たせた方がよかったかもなーって感じでした。

火力

流星群:ゲンシグラードン確定1。H252ディアルガ中高乱数1。H252メガガルーラ中乱数1。イベルタルがHの振り方次第で最高乱数から最低乱数まで変化。
ラスカ:ジオコン前ゼルネアス確定1、ジオコン後ゼルネアス確定2、H無振りなら手助け込みで中乱数1。
雷:無振りゲンシカイオーガがギリギリ落ちない、H252だと70-85%のダメージ、手助け込みで確定1。H252イベルタル高乱数1。
大地の力:H252ゲンシグラードン中高乱数1。メガクチート確定1。
物理耐久

ゲンシグラードンの断崖の剣確定耐え。
意地っ張りメガガルーラのけたぐり低乱数1。
イベルタルの珠イカサマ確定3。
無補正メガレックウザの画竜点睛高乱数3。
特殊耐久

雨下控えめゲンシカイオーガの潮吹き超高乱数2、根源の波動確定3。
晴れ下ゲンシグラードンの無振りオバヒ確定耐え。

And this is my attemp for a translation
Breadth of single-fired and the range selling. Of particular cut - Shitome the Groudon in glasses meteor shower is very grateful.
Also, it was great, even the Moteru high RBI in thunder against opponent of Kyogre.
Ground forces Mega Mawile and for Mega Gengar that measures had become thinner. Once, it Uteru to Groudon.

Try actually use, so noticeable that it would have been more and more cut from the top,
Do shake more S, I was feeling Na be been better if it was to have a scarf.

Firepower

Meteor shower (Draco Meteor): Gen Shi Groudon confirm 1. H252 Dialga middle and high random number 1. H252 Megagarura in random number 1. Iberutaru changes to the lowest random number from the highest random number depending on the swing side of the H.
Alaska (Flash Cannon): Jiokon before Zeruneasu confirm 1, medium-random number 1 in Zeruneasu confirm 2, H-free swing if included help after Jiokon.
Lightning (Thunder): No swing Gen Shi Kyogre does not fall the last minute, 70-85% of the damage that's H252, confirm with the included help 1. H252 Iberutaru high random number 1.
Earth Power: H252 Gen Shi Groudon middle and high random number 1. Megakuchito confirm 1.
Physical endurance

Endured sword determination of the cliff of Gen Shi Groudon.
Only the obstinate Megagarura haul low-random number 1.
Zhuhai cheating confirm 3 of Iberutaru.
Finishing touch high random number 3 of uncorrected mega Rekkuuza.
Special endurance

Ameca conservative Gen Shi Kyogre of squirting ultra-high random number 2, wave determination of origin 3.
The non-swing Obahi withstand confirm sunny under reduced shea Groudon.

In short words, enough bulk to survive P. Precipice Blades (252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 236 HP / 76 Def Dialga: 170-204 (82.9 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), enough SpAtk to OHKO Groudon (180+ SpA Choice Specs Dialga Draco Meteor vs. 104 HP / 96 SpD Primal Groudon: 192-226 (102.1 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO), etc

Now for your Gigalith... is not exactly good, specially in a meta where almost EVERYTHING has protect, and CB Explosion is not that good (specially in VGC 2016, wich is a best of 3 format, and you are forced to Explode in the turn you come out)

For Wide Guard support, use Aegislash instead, being the perfect counter to Xerneas and Rayquaza, while is weak to things taht your team already handles (Like Groudon)

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Enough Spatk to OHKO Defensive Mega Gengar 100% of the time, it OHKOs Xerneas after a Geomancy boost, Safety googles gives you inmunity to Spore, and the rest goes in bulk

Finally... you don't have a 6th Pokémon ._. and now you lack of a mega

Use this

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Protect
Good cores in your team
raichu.png
+
tornadus.png

raichu.png
+
kyogre.png

tornadus.png
+
kyogre.png

kyogre.png
+
dialga.png

aegislash.png
+
raichu.png

salamence.png
+
raichu.png

aegislash.png
+
salamence.png

aegislash.png
+
dialga.png

dialga.png
+
raichu.png

For future references, you can use the VGC Viability Ranking Thread at Smogon, or the VGC 2016 Sample Team Thread ;)

Choice Band Wide Guard?...
For Gigalith, his moves weren't important so I threw random things on there without any care and that's how he ended up having Wide Guard despite the move being quite unless on him even with excellent prediction.

I put the six Pokemon you've suggested together for ease of discussion:

Raichu @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Nuzzle
- Encore
- endeavorprotect

Tornadus @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Role Play

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Dialga @ Choice Specs
EVs: 236 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpA / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder
- Earth Power

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 140 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 212 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Protect

The Pokemon you've proposed makes an entirely new team. I like the suggestions that you've given, they're much more solid and effective together than the set I have here, however, there is one solid fundamental problem with the suggestions here. It's a Pikachu themed set, removing Pikachu is not an option here, lest the challenge be changed. My making of this team was based around the theory that everything necessary to support and sweep with a Rayquaza works the same for Pikachu and that is what I'm testing with this set.

Also, I've looked at the viability thread and sample team thread you linked to, and although the threats listed are accurate, it's not something I'd prefer to use when building a team, as it rejects my own playstyle.

Reactions: Zukrad
Back