Pikmin 3 deluxe

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So I just came across this in my subscriptions, found the Japanese trailer first but here's the english one!

Looks like pikmin 3 will be remastered for the switch!
Prepare yourselves, brave explorers! Set-off for the lush planet PNF-404 when Pikmin 3 Deluxe lands on October 30! This new version for Nintendo Switch features multiple difficulty modes, new side-story missions featuring Olimar and Louie, and all the DLC from the original release.
In the Japanese trailer it says it'll cost 5,980 yen, so, it'll be a full priced game roughly which kinda sucks. I've never played a pikmin game before so was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper so I could play this haha.

Anyone excited for this? Seems like it was kinda dropped out of nowhere, I don't think I've heard anything about this?

Reactions: ChewyPucc and Artisan
I know it won't be out long but I have a feeling this one is going to be on sale near Black Friday. If not this year then next year and hopefully as a physical version. I saw Hey! Pikmin on clearance at Target one day and decided not to pick it up so maybe in the future the same would happen to this game. If not maybe near the end of the Switch life cycle. Looks just like the Wii U one so maybe there's definitely be some bonus story/content somewhere later in this one. Kinda hyped ngl. No, not because I mained Olimar in SSB3DS.
1596638199586.png
Not really lol. Also Pikmin are real Marc. :pepe:

Looks just like the Wii U one so maybe there's definitely be some bonus story/content somewhere later in this one.

Judging by the description of the video + the site, there will be a new epologue/prologue, some new side story content, all the DLCs and multiple difficulty modes.

• Informative
Reactions: Artisan
Did the Wii U version have Amiibo support as well? :eyes: I'm guessing yes so I'm wondering if that would be removed or updated to not require them.

Did the Wii U version have Amiibo support as well? :eyes: I'm guessing yes so I'm wondering if that would be removed or updated to not require them.

By the looks of it, it didn't. There is amiibos for pikmin however, so it's possible that amiibo support could be added?

So I just came across this in my subscriptions, found the Japanese trailer first but here's the english one!

Looks like pikmin 3 will be remastered for the switch!

In the Japanese trailer it says it'll cost 5,980 yen, so, it'll be a full priced game roughly which kinda sucks. I've never played a pikmin game before so was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper so I could play this haha.

Anyone excited for this? Seems like it was kinda dropped out of nowhere, I don't think I've heard anything about this?
PIKMAN LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The new content for Pikmin 3 DELUXE looks... Interesting. I really enjoyed the first and second game on the GameCube, but I haven't played Pikmin 3 yet. From my experience, Pikmin is about multitasking and organising things/ micromanagement, which I am quite good at if I do say so myself. I hope Pikmin 3 DELUXE is enough for people who haven't played Pikmin 3 (like myself), the people who have played Pikmin 3, and the people who have little to no experience with Pikmin at all. I feel like they should add more content so that players who already own the Wii U version of Pikmin 3 would consider buying the same game again for full price. I wonder how they'll do the controls with Joy-Cons and especially the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. For the Joy-Cons, I think you can probably use Motion Controls, but I think there'll be some difficulties with the Switch Pro Controller. From what I have seen, Pikman works better with the Wii U imo. I'm just excited that Pikmin is back. Pikmin 4 soon? :p

I'm just excited that Pikmin is back. Pikmin 4 soon? :p

Honestly this is probably just testing the waters to see how many people are still interested in pikmin. Especially with the stealth announcement and such.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Im really excited as i have never played any pikmin game and i havent seen gameplay vids either so i have no idea how pikmin works. The closest i have gotten to playing pikmin is in smash bros. The game looks like a top down zelda title.

Im really excited as i have never played any pikmin game and i havent seen gameplay vids either so i have no idea how pikmin works. The closest i have gotten to playing pikmin is in smash bros. The game looks like a top down zelda title.

same here! i've never played a pikmin game ever before and this looks like a great way to get into it! :D

Reactions: Deepak
I am a huge fan of the pikmin franchise as my Wii disc drive broke one summer and while it was sent to Nintendo for repairs, I found the first pikmin game for gamecube and played it almost the whole summer so heck yeah I'm excited to have a mainline pikmin on switch. Just kinda sucks they waited so long for a re-release. price is steep though especially as I got even the original Pikmin 3 used :p

It would be my first Pikmin, but I don’t know about paying full price for it.

Reactions: Deepak and 28142
Back