Pikmin 4 has been confirmed for wii u

• Thread starter TheSpiritedWarrior
  • Start date
TheSpiritedWarrior

TheSpiritedWarrior

Never gives up a fight
Towns Folk
Pikmin 4 has literaly been confirmed for the wii u and its almost done! I am so happy right now, pikmin 3 was fantastic and another pikmin would be awesome! Its most likely on the wii u, so its another fantastic adventure! I am glad the wii u is getting another pikmin game, the gamepad made it a good experience.

May I ask for the source where it states that it's coming for the WiiU? From the people who interviewed Miyamoto, They stated "Miyamoto did not specify the platform that Pikmin 4 would launch on.", So I'm wondering where you got the information.

I really hope it comes out for the NX but I'll be glad if it comes out for the WiiU. Like you said, I really love the gamepad functions, but I feel like it'll be a great NX launch title.

May I ask for the source where it states that it's coming for the WiiU? From the people who interviewed Miyamoto, They stated "Miyamoto did not specify the platform that Pikmin 4 would launch on.", So I'm wondering where you got the information.

I really hope it comes out for the NX but I'll be glad if it comes out for the WiiU. Like you said, I really love the gamepad functions, but I feel like it'll be a great NX launch title.
Its logic. Since the nx is coming in 2017 most likely, ans the fact that pikmin 4 is almost done, proves its for the wii u. There is just not dought about it. Notice how the gamecube got 2 pikmins, the wii u will get 2 also. Its not coming for the nx, nx is barely into development so its not like they would announce a title for it this early, especially when its coming in 2017 or maybe even 2018. So its not like they can think of making launch titles for the nx yet considering how the wii u still has 2-3 years.

Well Square Enix announced Dragon Quest 11 is coming out for NX, including for the PlayStation 4 and 3DS. I know they're gonna released more info about the NX in 2016, so based on that they're most likely gonna release it a year later like they did for the WiiU. It might even come out for the 3ds, it wouldn't be the first time they tried that. But I guess we have to wait and see.

Even if it's most likely coming for the WiiU, it's not confirmed. I just wanted to know where you found the information about it being confirmed for the WiiU, that's all. o3o

Well Square Enix announced Dragon Quest 11 is coming out for NX, including for the PlayStation 4 and 3DS. I know they're gonna released more info about the NX in 2016, so based on that they're most likely gonna release it a year later like they did for the WiiU. It might even come out for the 3ds, it wouldn't be the first time they tried that. But I guess we have to wait and see.

Even if it's most likely coming for the WiiU, it's not confirmed. I just wanted to know where you found the information about it being confirmed for the WiiU, that's all. o3o
Yeah, I see what you mean. But the thing is, this game that you are talking about will come out in 2017 or 2018, its not even in development yet. So even if they wanted to develop it for the wii u, it would take too long. And for it coming out on the 3ds, I dought it. Some developers talk nonsense, thats all, it does not confirm anything. I can give you the source, just pm me about it. This is off topic but the 3ds is very old now, I dought its coming to it in 2017(Dragon quest), I think the nx will be a hybrid of some sort (handheld and console). The 3ds is very outdated now, I dought it would come to it. But pm me about this topic, but I think nintendo will make pikmin 4 for the wii u and remaster the 2 games for the nx or some other nintendo console. I also dought the ps4 will have more than 6 years of lifespan, the dragon quest game is not even in development anyways so its an invalid source

May I ask for the source? I haven't heard anything about the game since the end of July, so I'm not fully updated on the game at the moment. All I remember is that they shown gameplay of both PS4 and 3DS versions and they said they were planning to release it on the anniversary of the series next year. I'm not sure if it got delayed or what.

This is off topic but the 3ds is very old now

Didn't the New 3ds came out less than a year ago. Sure the 3ds family is quite old but they're upgrading them as time passed.

May I ask for the source? I haven't heard anything about the game since the end of July, so I'm not fully updated on the game at the moment. All I remember is that they shown gameplay of both PS4 and 3DS versions and they said they were planning to release it on the anniversary of the series next year. I'm not sure if it got delayed or what.

Didn't the New 3ds came out less than a year ago. Sure the 3ds family is quite old but they're upgrading them as time passed.
Well, I see your point. But the new 3ds is kinda like how the dsi was to the ds lite, its not a completely new handheld. THis is getting off topic so we really should do a pm so lets do one tommorow:) If it was a new handheld, the 3ds would stop with game production. I have quite a few sources I can pm to you, so lets do that, I don't have much time so pm me tommorow

Its logic. Since the nx is coming in 2017 most likely, ans the fact that pikmin 4 is almost done, proves its for the wii u. There is just not dought about it. Notice how the gamecube got 2 pikmins, the wii u will get 2 also. Its not coming for the nx, nx is barely into development so its not like they would announce a title for it this early, especially when its coming in 2017 or maybe even 2018. So its not like they can think of making launch titles for the nx yet considering how the wii u still has 2-3 years.

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything but NX has at least an 80% chance of coming out next year. If Pikmin 4 had been in development for Wii U for so long they would have announced it at E3, but seeing as they didn't it's very clear that they just don't want to announce an NX title at Wii U's last big E3. Tied with the fact that first party Wii U announcements have been few and far between, it's very obvious they're already making games for NX. Besides, NX is confirmed (when I say confirmed I don't mean this "logic" you speak of, I mean legitimately confirmed) to be formally revealed next year. The system is without a doubt already finished being developed.

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything but NX has at least an 80% chance of coming out next year. If Pikmin 4 had been in development for Wii U for so long they would have announced it at E3, but seeing as they didn't it's very clear that they just don't want to announce an NX title at Wii U's last big E3. Tied with the fact that first party Wii U announcements have been few and far between, it's very obvious they're already making games for NX. Besides, NX is confirmed (when I say confirmed I don't mean this "logic" you speak of, I mean legitimately confirmed) to be formally revealed next year. The system is without a doubt already finished being developed.
If thats the case, give me a source then. What you are saying is not even the truth, if its done, they would have shown some details. I am not trying to be mean or anything but your claims are invalid. You do not work at nintendo to say that its finished, nintendo is not even talking details yet. The wii u does not have much 1st party games this year, of course, but more wii u games are being announced next year. You are killing me right now, lol. Yeah, its going to be discussed about next year, meaning that the nx is coming in 2017 or 2018. Thats logic, knowing the most realistic case, and the wii u is only 2 and a half years! Thats not much, so 2017 or 2018 is the most realistic thing. More and more wii u games are being announced in 2016 so your claim is invalid, the nx just can not come in 2016. Lol, you never rained my parade. The nx is impossible to be released next year, IMPOSSIBLE, not 80 percent. Stop saying lies.

If thats the case, give me a source then. What you are saying is not even the truth, if its done, they would have shown some details. I am not trying to be mean or anything but your claims are invalid. You do not work at nintendo to say that its finished, nintendo is not even talking details yet. The wii u does not have much 1st party games this year, of course, but more wii u games are being announced next year. You are killing me right now, lol. Yeah, its going to be discussed about next year, meaning that the nx is coming in 2017 or 2018. Thats logic, knowing the most realistic case, and the wii u is only 2 and a half years! Thats not much, so 2017 or 2018 is the most realistic thing. More and more wii u games are being announced in 2016 so your claim is invalid, the nx just can not come in 2016. Lol, you never rained my parade. The nx is impossible to be released next year, IMPOSSIBLE, not 80 percent. Stop saying lies.

"More and more Wii U games are being announced next year"

And you're saying I'm lying. I'm basing what I say off of past console generations. Nintendo almost always releases their consoles a year after they start teasing it. Wii U came out a year after they announced Project Cafe.

Seriously though, you keep saying more and more WIi U games are getting announced next year. Would like to see where you're getting this information.

"More and more Wii U games are being announced next year"

And you're saying I'm lying. I'm basing what I say off of past console generations. Nintendo almost always releases their consoles a year after they start teasing it. Wii U came out a year after they announced Project Cafe.

Seriously though, you keep saying more and more WIi U games are getting announced next year. Would like to see where you're getting this information.
But its not even announced yet. What nintendo literally does and any other console company does is announce it at e3, and then releases it the year after, so what I am saying is they announce it in 2016, than release it in 2017 or 2018. And information? Take a look at the news properly, pikmin 4 is coming this year, pokken tournament has been announced for the wii u next year, and a few more games are coming in 2016. Nintendo has not teased it, all they did was say that they are going to continue making consoles, I think 2017 will be the most likely release date. And honestly, you did lie, its not coming next year. This is getting really off topic, if you want to continue to argue, go and pm me

Okay I just want to say couple of things

This is getting really off topic, if you want to continue to argue, go and pm me
First off, this is a News discussing thread. There's no need to pm anybody anything, you should post the sources here so that everyone could see them. Also what is the topic again? Pikmin 4 coming for the WiiU? I thought we're already discussing this. I'm still waiting for the Dragon Quest 11 source you said you had.

The nx is impossible to be released next year, IMPOSSIBLE, not 80 percent. Stop saying lies.
And honestly, you did lie, its not coming next year.
Okay, so I guess your prediction has better value than his? They're not lies, they called predictions. Sure it's not confirmed that "The system is without a doubt already finished being developed.", but it's the same thing what you said about Pikmin 4 coming for the WiiU. Also now you said "pikmin 4 is coming this year", this is a "lie" based on your logic. Unless you can provide the source of course.

If it was a new handheld, the 3ds would stop with game production.
More and more wii u games are being announced in 2016 so your claim is invalid, the nx just can not come in 2016.
This isn't even true at all. Systems still gets support even after their successor comes out. Yeah, they'll stop getting support eventually but not as soon as it comes out. So even if more games are coming for the WiiU, it doesn't have anything to do with the NX. We don't even have any clue what the NX is.

Look, sorry if I'm being rude. It's just I very exited about Pikmin 4 and it's my favorite franchise. I don't want anybody to get misinform when reading this thread. Like I said, I'm completely fine if it comes out for the WiiU. The only reason why I'm hoping it comes out for the NX is because I felt Pikmin 3 was on it's limit. Please note this is my opinion, not a "lie" or source.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Okay I just want to say couple of things

First off, this is a News discussing thread. There's no need to pm anybody anything, you should post the sources here so that everyone could see them. Also what is the topic again? Pikmin 4 coming for the WiiU? I thought we're already discussing this. I'm still waiting for the Dragon Quest 11 source you said you had.

Okay, so I guess your prediction has better value than his? They're not lies, they called predictions. Sure it's not confirmed that "The system is without a doubt already finished being developed.", but it's the same thing what you said about Pikmin 4 coming for the WiiU. Also now you said "pikmin 4 is coming this year", this is a "lie" based on your logic. Unless you can provide the source of course.

This isn't even true at all. Systems still gets support even after their successor comes out. Yeah, they'll stop getting support eventually but not as soon as it comes out. So even if more games are coming for the WiiU, it doesn't have anything to do with the NX. We don't even have any clue what the NX is.

Look, sorry if I'm being rude. It's just I very exited about Pikmin 4 and it's my favorite franchise. I don't want anybody to get misinform when reading this thread. Like I said, I'm completely fine if it comes out for the WiiU. The only reason why I'm hoping it comes out for the NX is because I felt Pikmin 3 was on it's limit. Please note this is my opinion, not a "lie" or source.
Well, he was not saying it as a prediction man, he was making it as a fact. I can disagree if I want to. It is my own opinion after all, I know that its an opinion but he is treating it like a fact, so I back up evidence. Like I told you, if its being announced at e3, it will release next year, so 2017 is the most likely date. I said he was lying mainly because he was saying it as a fact, with no backed up evidence. So then I argue, saying it will release in 2017. I have the right to argue if I want to, thats what a forum is about, to say opinions and argue to see opinions. Just to clear it, Miyamoto said that it was close to being done, meaning that its most likely come on the wii u. That's the logic piece. No one is getting misinformed, its most likely coming for the wii u considering the fact that it's almost done. Whats off topic was the dragon quest thing, so we can have a chat about it. I think that its then going to be remade once again on the nx or 10th generation console of nintendo. Again, its close to being done, meaning that its almost done, who knows, it may come for the new 3ds, but its more of a likelihood on the wii u. Now, it was a lie, lol, thats my mistake that I did, what I meant to say is its "probably is coming this year". Again, no need to push things and bash me for it, honestly, I am not all fault here. If you really have a problem with me, pm me then, lol, it can save the hassle. Its my mistake for calling him a liar, and I apologize to him, but I think we should all value peoples opinions, that's how it goes, so yeah.

Well, he was not saying it as a prediction man, he was making it as a fact. I can disagree if I want to. It is my own opinion after all, I know that its an opinion but he is treating it like a fact, so I back up evidence. Like I told you, if its being announced at e3, it will release next year, so 2017 is the most likely date. I said he was lying mainly because he was saying it as a fact, with no backed up evidence. So then I argue, saying it will release in 2017. I have the right to argue if I want to, thats what a forum is about, to say opinions and argue to see opinions. Just to clear it, Miyamoto said that it was close to being done, meaning that its most likely come on the wii u. That's the logic piece. No one is getting misinformed, its most likely coming for the wii u considering the fact that it's almost done. Whats off topic was the dragon quest thing, so we can have a chat about it. I think that its then going to be remade once again on the nx or 10th generation console of nintendo. Again, its close to being done, meaning that its almost done, who knows, it may come for the new 3ds, but its more of a likelihood on the wii u. Now, it was a lie, lol, thats my mistake that I did, what I meant to say is its "probably is coming this year". Again, no need to push things and bash me for it, honestly, I am not all fault here. If you really have a problem with me, pm me then, lol, it can save the hassle. Its my mistake for calling him a liar, and I apologize to him, but I think we should all value peoples opinions, that's how it goes, so yeah.

I didn't know 80% chance meant it was fact.

I didn't know 80% chance meant it was fact.
Nah, I never said that. Its just why 80 percent?

Mind calming down, please ?
Anyway, both of you could be right. To agree with @TheSpiritedWarrior, I'd say that any french gaming board I've been visiting lately (because those are sources of info and sometimes better than gaming sites ;)) has been thinking that Pikmin 4 will be on WiiU. It is possible, as Nintendo still keeps their console "alive" some more time when they release the next (remember when the Wii came out, the GC still survived a few more months).

Or, Pikmin 4 will be a NX/WiiU cross-platform. There already are rumours on the French side of the Internet suggesting that Zelda U might also be Zelda NX, plus, it's not as if Nintendo hasn't done that before (Zelda TP = GC+Wii cross-platform as an example). But, as @Nanamine said, however, if they want to kill the WiiU as soon as possible (and potentially get all of their customers who bought the U to get pretty mad), they could make it a NX exclusive. Not to mention that the NX should be ready by the time Pikmin 4 may get a release.

Reactions: ChewyPucc

I wasn't under the impression having a casual debate made it look like we're in a heated argument lmao. Point of a forum is to discuss topics. People are gonna have different opinions.

Anyway, both of you could be right. To agree with @TheSpiritedWarrior, I'd say that any french gaming board I've been visiting lately (because those are sources of info and sometimes better than gaming sites ;)) has been thinking that Pikmin 4 will be on WiiU. It is possible, as Nintendo still keeps their console "alive" some more time when they release the next (remember when the Wii came out, the GC still survived a few more months).

Or, Pikmin 4 will be a NX/WiiU cross-platform. There already are rumours on the French side of the Internet suggesting that Zelda U might also be Zelda NX, plus, it's not as if Nintendo hasn't done that before (Zelda TP = GC+Wii cross-platform as an example). But, as @Nanamine said, however, if they want to kill the WiiU as soon as possible (and potentially get all of their customers who bought the U to get pretty mad), they could make it a NX exclusive. Not to mention that the NX should be ready by the time Pikmin 4 may get a release.
I did calm down, lol, if you read the whole thing.
I wasn't under the impression having a casual debate made it look like we're in a heated argument lmao. Point of a forum is to discuss topics. People are gonna have different opinions.
Yeah, sorry for the heated discussion... I was quite a jerk, people have different opinions, lol. So yeah, I guess we can discuss other things now, I think it needs to be confirmed by a trailer, then we know what platform its on

Back