Ultimate Piranha Plant can potentially corrupt your save.

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Playing All-Star Mode and Classic Mode with PP could potentially cause your game save to corrupt according to multiple sources. This is fixable however if you have Nintendo Online due to cloud save backups, now is a better time then any to make sure you're constantly keeping your saves backed up.

Apparently though, this isn't the only save corrupting bug has been noted. Apparently if you try and play "Century Smash" as Mii swordfighter or Duck Hunt, your save could potentially corrupt as well.

People are saying the best cause of action is to just, not play until a patch comes out due to the fact that no one knows if there's anymore save corrupting bugs that haven't been found or publicised yet.

This doees highlight a massive flaw though with something nintendo has still not learnt yet, cloud saves as a really good backstop for any save corrupting bugs. Even failing that, being able to locally back up games would be fantastic without having to pay. That's one thing I really wish the 3ds had, what with having to homebrew my 3ds just to back up a save thanks to the game I was playing having major save corrupting bugs .-.

Reactions: Samster
I know it has to be fixed

Playing All-Star Mode and Classic Mode with PP could potentially cause your game save to corrupt according to multiple sources. This is fixable however if you have Nintendo Online due to cloud save backups, now is a better time then any to make sure you're constantly keeping your saves backed up.

Apparently though, this isn't the only save corrupting bug has been noted. Apparently if you try and play "Century Smash" as Mii swordfighter or Duck Hunt, your save could potentially corrupt as well.

People are saying the best cause of action is to just, not play until a patch comes out due to the fact that no one knows if there's anymore save corrupting bugs that haven't been found or publicised yet.

This doees highlight a massive flaw though with something nintendo has still not learnt yet, cloud saves as a really good backstop for any save corrupting bugs. Even failing that, being able to locally back up games would be fantastic without having to pay. That's one thing I really wish the 3ds had, what with having to homebrew my 3ds just to back up a save thanks to the game I was playing having major save corrupting bugs .-.
Geez, this is crazy. However, to be expected since Pirahna Plant literally just released yesterday as of writing this.

I didn’t know about Duck Hunt or Mii Swordfighter though, I’m glad you mentioned that. Cause I was literally planning on fully completing every mode with every character sometime soon. ._.

I’ll be sure to back up my save as soon as I get the chance. Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 28142
Now this makes me wonder if it's safe to use Piranha Plant if I don't play on these 2 modes rn. And I'm surprised that Duck Hunt Duo and Mii Swordfighters are affected by the glitch as well. I hope Ninty will fix these save-breaking glitches ASAP, while making sure to smash all potential bugs thoroughly before the next update is ready.

Dang I beat Classic mode with PP without knowing o_O. Hope everything is ok. Hopefully they get started on a patch right away.

Reactions: Agentperson and Starry Windy
Dang I beat Classic mode with PP without knowing o_O. Hope everything is ok. Hopefully they get started on a patch right away.
Same.
I only thought it only effected All-Star.

Reactions: Duffy
So I just find some news, and it seems that the Piranha Plant glitch have a possible culprit, but not on Nintendo's part because they even tested and find no issues as reported. But it's more because some of the Samsung Micro SD 256GB with the model of MB-ME256GA/AM that are being sold are counterfeit cards.

So... better get the original Micro SD cards, I guess?

So I just find some news, and it seems that the Piranha Plant glitch have a possible culprit, but not on Nintendo's part because they even tested and find no issues as reported. But it's more because some of the Samsung Micro SD 256GB with the model of MB-ME256GA/AM that are being sold are counterfeit cards.

So... better get the original Micro SD cards, I guess?
Or Don't use one at all

Back