Play Mario Tennis Aces FREE for a week, but...

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Nintendo Switch owners will have the opportunity to download and play Mario Tennis Aces for FREE for ONE whole week starting August 7th, 2019, but.. you'll need to be subscribed to the Nintendo Switch Online service to be eligible for the freebie.

Not really too disappointing considering it's affordable or you can just be added to someone's family plan on the Internet.

In addition to the free one week trial, digital copies of the game will be sold at 30% OFF in the NA eShop and 33% OFF in the EU eShop. Don't worry if you can't pick the game up before the free trial ends because the discount extends way to August 20th, 2019.

I'd like to see more offers like this from Nintendo.

Reactions: Samster, 28142 and AricAttack
Good, looks like Nintendo is finally wising up and at least attempting to do online service perks like Xbox and PlayStation do. Because seriously, who wants a bunch of NES ROMS and online play for $20 a year? Feels like this subscription service is still pretty barebones, but I’m hoping Nintendo does more things like this in the future as well.

I’m really siked at the idea of getting some trials and offers as at least some sort of extra compensation for buying the online service, but let’s be real, Mario Tennis Aces was not worth 60 bones, and even at 30% off, I don’t find it’s content-price ratio very compelling...

I think that a massive number of Nintendo fans would be absolutely ecstatic, and maybe even forgive Nintendo for the online service a little more if they did what Playstation’s Online service does, or at least to some degree. Imagine having the opportunity to get a free port of a Nintendo game each month alongside discounts to other games, just like Playstation’s Been doing. For example, maybe this month subscribers could get a port of Pikmin 3 alongside 10% off Mario Maker 2. I know the discount on top of the free game is generous, but even if the discount didn’t exist, I’d imagine it would cost next to nothing to bring up older games, and fans would love the extra compensation no doubt :)

I only came here because I heard BUT

japan got captain toad instead and I'm jealous

Reactions: Jisenku and Samster
Tbh, I'm not really into either games but there is hope we might get more in the future.

It's August 7th so don't forget to try the game out~

Reactions: Jisenku and Adrián-S
It's August 7th so don't forget to try the game out~
I’ve played it for almost two hours. It bad.

I’ve played it for almost two hours. It bad.
Bad? Can you explain why?

Bad? Can you explain why?
Barely any levels. There’s like a bunch of little warpy circle lookin pad things that look like they would be levels but they’re just empty. So a big weird overworld with only a couple really. The gameplay itself is really shallow... (move to ball, press A or variation of A, that’s it) also there’s an awfulllll story but idk what I was expecting tbh.

Really it’s just that it’s shallow and real stingy with the content. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a lot of people who could stick with it... if they found the gameplay fun maybe, but it’s really not that interesting to me..

Reactions: Marc
I was really looking forward to playing this, but I can't unfortunately. If anyone's played a Mario tennis game before, then it's a familiar feeling. I played the tournament demo type thing that came out before the game was released, and I've played it once at a game convention against a friend (which was damn awesome).

Barely any levels. There’s like a bunch of little warpy circle lookin pad things that look like they would be levels but they’re just empty. So a big weird overworld with only a couple really. The gameplay itself is really shallow... (move to ball, press A or variation of A, that’s it) also there’s an awfulllll story but idk what I was expecting tbh.

Really it’s just that it’s shallow and real stingy with the content. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a lot of people who could stick with it... if they found the gameplay fun maybe, but it’s really not that interesting to me..

The gameplay is traditional Mario tennis, you got power moves and items on top of traditional tennis gameplay with the basic techniques. I aint played the main game so I can't say much to the spread of content, but it's a tennis game, not really an open world RPG type thing :p Story as well, does any mario game have a good story to it? It's a kids sports game, the story isn't going to be the main point of focus.

I was really looking forward to playing this, but I can't unfortunately. If anyone's played a Mario tennis game before, then it's a familiar feeling. I played the tournament demo type thing that came out before the game was released, and I've played it once at a game convention against a friend (which was damn awesome).

The gameplay is traditional Mario tennis, you got power moves and items on top of traditional tennis gameplay with the basic techniques. I aint played the main game so I can't say much to the spread of content, but it's a tennis game, not really an open world RPG type thing :p Story as well, does any mario game have a good story to it? It's a kids sports game, the story isn't going to be the main point of focus.
Kay but.. Jus because it’s a kids’ sports game doesn’t mean it gets a free pass to be content light. And if “traditional Mario tennis” is like this, it bad.

Kay but.. Jus because it’s a kids’ sports game doesn’t mean it gets a free pass to be content light. And if “traditional Mario tennis” is like this, it bad.

And being "bad" is subjective.

I never said it was content light, I said it was a sports game. And a sports game it is.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is one of the worst games I have ever played in my entire life. I'm glad we didn't get it for the trial, Mario Tennis Aces was a good choice.

Anyways, Mario Tennis Aces was fun. I enjoyed playing it during the trial but I didn't get so far into the game. In the match against Donkey Kong there are these piranha plants at the net that keep on spitting the ball back at you.

Dang, i wish i had a switch...
I've only played Mario Tennis for the N64 lol. It was pretty fun tho; def wanna play more Mario sports titles...

Back