Pikmin 3 Played Pikmin 3 should i get Pikmin 2?

• Thread starter swift789
  • Start date

Should i get Pikmin 2 after expieriancing Pikmin 3?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
swift789

swift789

Hero of Hyrule
Towns Folk
I have had Pikmin 3 for a while and I've been wondering if I should get Pikmin 2. I'm asking because I'm unsure if after the experience of the other game that Pikmin 2 just will be ruined. I'm not worried about the story however I'm worried the old gameplay just won't workout for me. Please give me some advice about it and vote on the poll. I will be checking the poll in a week when it ends and after reading the advice and checking the majority votes I'll decide.

Look at the similarities and differences in both games in terms of the gameplay. If there are some features on pikmin that you don't like, look into it more to decide. I've never played any of the games, and I doubt I ever will. Just don't have the time really; busy with school and when I have free time, Splatoon and smash take that up.

Reactions: swift789
Really it comes down to what you choose. But, though pikmin 3 is great in graphics, it was kind of short. In pikmin 2 there's a different story, more enemies and I won't spoil what kind but there are some different pikmin in the game. Plus, the game is longer and a little harder on difficulty.

Reactions: swift789
Pikmin 2 was my favourite Pikmin. Get it if you haven't already! The game is harder and longer than Pikmin 3. If you liked the game go and pick up the first two games. they are also great!

I would recommend both the 1st and 2nd games because they're harder and longer than pikmin 3 because they have time limits because the oxygen was poisonous in the game while in pikmin 3 they implemented the characters eating food to progress instead having a certain time limit to get food. As a person who finish pikmin 3 I felt as if the game was short since I figured out what I was supposed to do when I went only instead of frequently getting stuck, though I did get stuck sometimes throughout my play through in the beginning and in the middle of the plot. When I figured when I did wrong the game just became like reading a book which isn't bad and pikmin 3 feeling like it was a short game doesn't mean it's bad either, In fact most games I like are shorter than pikmin 3...... way shorter. Though I think the fruit collecting mechanic and the juice prolonging your adventure made the game too easy to me compared to the other pikmin games.

If you liked Pikmin 3, then you'll definitely enjoy the other games in the series, which have a very similar play style, but are both much longer than 3. It seems like a lot more time was spent developing Pikmin 3's graphics and characters rather than the level design and length of gameplay.

If you enjoyed Pikmin 3, then yeah, I highly recommend picking up the others if you haven’t done so yet.

Just know that Pikmin 2 (GameCube version) is an incredibly rare game, so it might cost you more than a pretty penny to get your hands on a copy. If you don’t want to pay that much, don’t worry, there’s a remastered Wii version for cheaper, iirc

Reactions: Duffy
If you enjoyed Pikmin 3, then yeah, I highly recommend picking up the others if you haven’t done so yet.

Just know that Pikmin 2 (GameCube version) is an incredibly rare game, so it might cost you more than a pretty penny to get your hands on a copy. If you don’t want to pay that much, don’t worry, there’s a remastered Wii version for cheaper, iirc
Yea there is a wii version with more control options I believe. But honestly probably better t just play whichever one you can find if you like pikmin.

Back