Playing online/local? (SSBB)

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
which do you prefer and why?

I like playing with my friends. It's really fun. Online people are so hard to beat sometimes. So I don't bother. xD

Usually only like to play local. Only time I play online is when I am facing friends.

Usually only like to play local. Only time I play online is when I am facing friends.

I haven't played online for a while now. I used to play with randomers and friends online.

Online. Always! I never stand a chance playing against my brothers haha

I generally like playing online because there are so many more people you can play with. However, in the case of Smash, I enjoy playing with friends since everyone loves to express their emotions and thoughts (and rage). It makes for a more dynamic experience that you can't get from playing with random strangers online.

which do you prefer and why?

I like playing with my friends. It's really fun. Online people are so hard to beat sometimes. So I don't bother. xD
I generally like playing with my friends rather than online as well :p kind've because of the same reason, but also because i'm old school nintendo so really I don't do a lot of online play at all (except with MK7 which I really enjoy.) But I will try out the online play feature of course but i'm sure i'll be playing with my cousin constantly on local (as thats what i'm doing with ssb64 haha) So yea, I think i've answered your question ;)

Local especially because there's lag in the online version and it's hard to find someone to fight on there (and from here on out the servers for this game are no more). And if someone online picks like R.O.B. and Jigglypuff the game couldn't be read anyways so you cannot spectate. Truly the worst you can get when it comes to online play. I hope they change things this time around and local play is more of a challenge since it goes faster. (Only plays when Project M is in SD)

I don't think there will be any noticeable lag in both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game. Nintendo's online infrastructure and technology has improved a lot since Brawl came out on the Wii. In all the 3DS online games I've played, including the 3D fighter Kid Icarus: Uprising, I haven't noticed any lag that impacted the game in a significant way.

Yea I agree, Nintendo's lagging technologyhas changed a lot and has gotten a lot better! A lot of the reason of the lag is mostly our own internet connection which has nothing to do with Nintendo's services as far as I'm concerned, I just rather use local so I can play with my cousin really ;P anyways, I agree with the post above^^^^ Nintendo has gotten a lot better with the kag situation

If I still had Brawl, I'd only have my brother to play with (and he's not even going to be home for most of the year), and when he is the brawls would get old fast because he's the only human opponent I could face locally. So online by a landslide, though I never did play Brawl that much to begin with.

Well, I mostly played online, since I had no other people to play with... But now that the old Wii servers are closed, I literally stopped playing it, because always beating Level-9 CPUs get boring after a while (and since I vary my strategy, their "watch, learn, and react" AI skill gets mostly useless).

I still play ssb 64 and it never had the technology to do online multiplayer I love the game to death (currently watching my lil bro practice it :p) so yea, I don't really care much of online multiplayer just local really, I've never really played the other smash bros games (really wish I have) so I'm excited to learn how to play the newer smash bros games, I'm hoping I'll like the new one as much as I do the old one!!

Back