PlayStation 5 DualSense Controller Revealed

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Sony has finally revealed their first look at the new PlayStation 5 DualSense wireless controller:

EVBr3e7UwAAFMRN

What do you think? :eyes:

You forgot to put the front of the controller 3687DA74-B4B2-42AB-BB4C-935BB3161FF7.jpeg

Looks kinda weird but original. I don't get why the PS logo isn't a different color because it looks hard to read. I can't wait to see it in other colors for the heck of it. Not bad but nostalgia says the PS1 controller is the best.

It's like a thicc version of the 360's controller

I really want to see it in action. I like the aesthetic, but the clear face buttons are a bit odd since the colours are iconic at this point (PSP/Vita aside). The built-in microphone sounds convenient, but my main concern is the battery. Hopefully Sony's thoughtful consideration means a longer life.

It looks terrible to me, normally I love PS controllers but this one just looks like one of those cheap 3rd party 360 controllers on ebay. The 2 different colours along with the weird curve to it makes it just look terrible, I also can't tell if the logo is still a button or if it's been moved to that bar below it.
The light bar is also missing so some PS4 games that use it might not work anymore.
I like the tilt on the buttons beside the touchpad, and I hope the touchpad actually gets some kind of use this time.

The light bar is also missing so some PS4 games that use it might not work anymore.
The light bar's still in there, just between the touchpad. I do agree that the colour scheme looks mismatched, especially the triggers. It's like a bad shell replacement I guess? It'd look so much better purely black or white imo.

Reactions: SmugWolff
That actually looks worse than the ps4 controller, I don't like it. In regards to controllers, I care for functionality over style. If it does the job that's what matters.

Xbox series x controller is more pragmatic in my opinion, with improvements not to the look, but to fit smaller hands and have a more comfortable feel. It also improved the battery. Playstation wants more "innovation", but that doesn't really reflect most of the consumer base who just want a "pick up and play".

I loooovvee it! It looks so nice and aesthetic.

It has a really cool look to it. I’d love to see some other variations to the color scheme in the future, because the design itself is great but the straight white color is too flat for me.

I will say that the pictures that have come out showing the backside don’t make me happy. It’s basically flat for the most part:F8918C25-535B-4540-97E5-10FFA22AE443.jpeg

On the plus side, it’s battery capacity is going to be 50% more than the Dual Shock 4’s. This might not be much of a factor though when you consider that the Dual Sense will also have things like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, which could drain the battery more and end up giving this controller a comparable charge time to the DS4.

In general, I am excited for the PS5. I might even buy it at launch, which I‘ve never done with any console. That depends a lot on whether it is backwards compatible or not though. I still have many PS4 games to play and complete, and I’d likely have to sell my PS4 to help pay for the PS5.

Back