KI: Uprising Plotholes in Kid Icarus: Uprising

• Thread starter Artisan
  • Start date
Artisan

Artisan

Hard At Work
Forum Moderator
Yes as you guys know Nintendo games aren't perfect but some things just can't be explained with the game media on it's own. In Kid Icarus Uprising you collect items so you can face the big bad Medusa but you still can't fly until you get to Medusa which isn't a big deal because of how the game plays and the controls would be hard to implement if you could fly inside Medusa's castle. It's also not explained why Pit can't use them after the fight with Medusa but before they are destroyed later in the game and there's no cutscene showing them get destroyed either in spite of every other story event gets some entertaining animations.

The game also mentions the NES game as canon but never mentions the Game Boy game in the slightest which I just discovered today because the game wasn't released in Japan until 2012. Talk about it's good to be an American am I right? We also never got to see what Dark Pit and Magnus did besides when they appear as they are lone wolves and there's no explanation why we never saw Magnus in older games so I might expect a KI spinoff who knows.

There's also some inconsistencies in the series as well like fall damage. Pit doesn't take any in the Game Boy title but in Uprising to save Dark Pit he had to take a dive bomb. I'm no physics major but all the hits Pit has taken from the pain of being an Eggplant I'm sure Pit could've lived but the game doesn't take stuff too seriously and I think it was just to add a story element so we can play as Pittoo for a short while.

In Smash there's also Palutena's guidance, that feature just gave us dialogue depending on who Pit faces in the Palutena's Temple stage and there it says Viridi (an Uprising character) has possession of the Lightning Chariot and is now buddies with Dark Pit which is actually Pit's Final Smash in Ultimate which basically means Sakurai didn't want to change dialogue but wanted to change the Final Smash although I would prefer the cannon from the Great Sacred Treasures instead and have it work like Samus's but because Pit was already OP I think it was just for casual balancing purposes.

So tell me what you think. Did you like this trivia? Do you notice plotholes in other Nintendo games/series?

Back