Spin Off PMD: explorers of time/ super mystery dungeon: palkia stats nerfed in super from explorers

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
I didnt even realize this until i recently picked up my copy of explorers of time on my 3ds, but it seems like the best pokemon in the game on explorers of time, palkia, unfortunately had unnecessary stat nerfs in super mystery dungeon for the 3ds. now its one thing to balance a game with this kind of action, but its not so good when you really murder a characters ability like this and sadly the makers did this a bit too heavily on her.

spatial rend has less accuracy (though not abysmal at least), her stat gains are significantly lower and her overall HP is sadly the same problem. the reason i say this is a bad move is for a number of different issues that super suffered from where explorers of time was more fair. Anyone who's gotten her in super knows that in order to friend and keep her, you have to go through a major series of harsh boss battles with legendary dragon pokemon (excluding kyurem, reshiram, and zekrom) in one big dungeon boss rush. and you cannot fail any of the bosses or obviously its back to the beginning and lose some potentially important items, so its crucial to go here as powered up as possible to avoid death and reviver seed shortages further along. the wild mons arent exactly weak either, much like 90% of super mystery dungeon overall. they really enjoyed heaping OP mons at us during the story as well where its significantly worse.

i feel they shouldve given her stats at least a mild boost and left spatial rend alone due to the obvious overall difficulty of the legend mission and a majority of the game itself. explorers of time was better with overall gameplay balance, and while i dont really favor 2 apples using 2 slots of storage space, i cant really praise some of the insane brutality in super mystery dungeon either. its better than gates to infinity since we can actually friend and play as legends, but nerfing some of the legendaries isnt a great way to compensate for heavily increased difficulty. the bosses in explorers of time had way less health than the ones in super and wild mob trolls werent nearly as heavily common as in super (the worst part of the game imo, the rest is good).

Back