Spin Off PMD Rescue Team DX a broken gliscor setup

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
this one took me a bit of work to finalize, but i found a perfect moveset for gliscor that might qualify as a meta build since it pretty much covers everything with proper teammates (duo can work but i do 3 pokemon personally with Gliscor as the lead in my case).

the reason i decided to try out a new pokemon instead of multi hit bombing everything i encounter with my kecleons (you should still do this to bosses though if you have any remaining in the post game) was for another reason besides curiosity: kecleon isnt exactly easy for the newcomers to friend let alone take on or people who arent even close to geared strongly enough to do this. remember any of his attacks can very, very easily take you out in one hit and fury swipes is pretty much one shot even with 200 HP. so i thought this would be good for the lesser geared/ weaker players to get going since Gliscor is significantly easier to get than even a single kecleon ever is (hes easy when youre strong enough to set up and survive though). its not very hard to get these moves i have on my Gliscor (that i named Gilji since that sounded like a cute name to me), but one of them will require some level grinding that can take a bit of time. i will write the description of his moves and rare quality below, anything written in bold is needed/ mandatory for the most successful runs possible:

Gilji (Gliscor)
Moves: Guillotine, Earth Power, Brutal Swing (not required but suggested), faint attack (to deal with annoying dodgy mons outside of halls)
Rare Quality: Narrow Focus

the only two moves that might be a bit of a drag to get here are guillotine and brutal swing. brutal swing i believe can be gotten only as a TM possible move in this case, unless he learns it beyond lv 84 (which sounds both silly and unlikely) since thats where his level is for me. For the narrow focus just spam your saved up DX gummis and discard any other rare qualities or have a health sponging teammate with it if you dont have very many of these. just take any treasure boxes (especially red ones) and they drop like candy as long as you dont waste them for stat boosts (dont do this, theres better items for that). additionally, you can add a teammate with perish song and everything dies easily. guillotine cant miss when used in halls either and the only pokemon immune to this is anything with sturdy and they can still die to perish song or faint to earth power (i only use this move in open rooms or if theres too much stuff close by).

i use celebi for perish song in regular dungeons but there are a lot of other pokemon who can learn the move that arent as daunting trying to get (politoed and absol can easily get it without needing high levels at the gulpin shop though). in particular im after a shiny altaria since she can learn the move but depending on her full room AOEs for other moves im not sure how much i will run her. if i find a broken moveset for her though with AOEs besides perish song i will write that once i can get to it.

i want the shiny one though so its probably going to take me a while... these have worse friend rates than kecleon does based on personal observation

Edit/ Note: i forgot to mention that steamroll is suggested on a teammate or guillotine cant kill ghost types. its also good since pokemon with levitate cant avoid damage from earth power in a monster house as well (this is very important for longer runs).

Last edited:
I hate keckleon they are a beach to befriend

I hate keckleon they are a beach to befriend
theres a simple way to set up a solo after you find a kecleon shop in a dungeon, and he seems to have a higher friend rate this time around as well. i wrote a separate post on how i approached the process and what i felt was the easiest and safest way to tackle this without being surrounded or worrying about insufficient damage when using moves. its not nearly as bad as it was in the original (no more 8000 gusts of wind for 1 to join)

Back