Spin Off PMD Rescue Team DX: auto save made me rage quit post game...

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so for the most part rescue team DX is good but theres one feature that is going to ruin the post game challenges for me: auto save that cant be turned off . i just spent an hour getting to and trying to beat super rayquaza just to run out of stuff and i tried to soft reset but guess what? you cant do that anymore. i was still in the boss fight unable to continue and of course i died. then i spent another hour trying to save myself and didnt even bother retrying the fight after that. this auto save is very bad for the overall post game and idk how much of it i will actually want to even try because of (what i see as) this major flaw. i wasnt a big fan of super mystery dungeon's overall difficulty but a forced auto save is just downright mean in a game like this... i know for sure im skipping purity forest but now i might be skipping more than that since apparently they want us to overpower as much as possible before we even bother trying. i might just go back to the original version instead, auto save really broke me during that attempt that i wish i never even did...

I love mystery dungeon and me personally i feel the game is easier in some remarks but also yeah a lot harder in some remarks which i personally think is awesome! gives me an extra challenge and need to improve each time! just gotta make sure to be well prepared bag items are important. plus the original game only let you have 20 items, now you can have like 48+ its crazy good!

The auto save feature is indeed something that would make a lot of people sad but i think its a good thing. it makes people learn from their mistakes and teaches them that hey, its okay to lose sometimes! it happens! you can't just quit and restart in a way thats cheating so this makes it that you gotta play smarter and deal with consequences instead of just restarting because of mistakes.

I think they have made plenty of ways of making it fair if you faint in a dungeon. you can literally save yourself without the help of others even if you lose on a boss room. and if you can't save yourself or can't be bothered due to having to climb all the way to the floor again then you can simply get someone online to help you! easy peachy! but thats my own personal opinion i know a lot and i mean a lot of people really dislike the auto save feature but when it comes to difficulty i personally am glad. you don't want a game that is so easy its boring and can steam roll every boss and dungeon. i was even worried when i couldn't use sleep seeds effectively on bosses like you could in the original game!

I am very happy to come and help save you so you don't lose any items or money if you want. will be just like resetting the game! you will even get to keep the allies you made along the way in the dungeon even if they fainted in the boss fight. PLUS! it gives you the option to leave the dungeon after being saved so you don't have to worry about being stuck fighting the boss again or worrying about having an escape orb or not.

I wish you luck and again happy to help rescue you anytime you need just let me know!

I love mystery dungeon and me personally i feel the game is easier in some remarks but also yeah a lot harder in some remarks which i personally think is awesome! gives me an extra challenge and need to improve each time! just gotta make sure to be well prepared bag items are important. plus the original game only let you have 20 items, now you can have like 48+ its crazy good!

The auto save feature is indeed something that would make a lot of people sad but i think its a good thing. it makes people learn from their mistakes and teaches them that hey, its okay to lose sometimes! it happens! you can't just quit and restart in a way thats cheating so this makes it that you gotta play smarter and deal with consequences instead of just restarting because of mistakes.

I think they have made plenty of ways of making it fair if you faint in a dungeon. you can literally save yourself without the help of others even if you lose on a boss room. and if you can't save yourself or can't be bothered due to having to climb all the way to the floor again then you can simply get someone online to help you! easy peachy! but thats my own personal opinion i know a lot and i mean a lot of people really dislike the auto save feature but when it comes to difficulty i personally am glad. you don't want a game that is so easy its boring and can steam roll every boss and dungeon. i was even worried when i couldn't use sleep seeds effectively on bosses like you could in the original game!

I am very happy to come and help save you so you don't lose any items or money if you want. will be just like resetting the game! you will even get to keep the allies you made along the way in the dungeon even if they fainted in the boss fight. PLUS! it gives you the option to leave the dungeon after being saved so you don't have to worry about being stuck fighting the boss again or worrying about having an escape orb or not.

I wish you luck and again happy to help rescue you anytime you need just let me know!
i am sorry but i dont see how this mean auto save is a good thing... youre not wrong on learning from mistakes in general but nobody likes spending 20-40+ hours grinding all their hard earned materials back just to be annihilated somewhere else. also resetting isnt cheating... youre not keeping anything you found in the area you died in or retaining any dungeon progress... its no different thqn resetting in a regular pokemon game and you have to repeat the whole process either way. one is just less rage inducing and (a little) less time consuming than the other. its not like save states where if we 'reset' we can continue with all items and pokemon obtained midway on said floor. save states and normal resetting are two very different things, one is obviously broken and the other is just going back to the beginning the old fashioned way. save state spamming IS cheating, not using a regular save point before we start... whats the point in dying and losing everything when you end up restarting completely either way?

i do however agree with the game being fairy giving with most good items. but this auto save is trash and has to go. this will waste too much time for people who dont have enough hours to grind it all back. idk if im buying the next pmd if i hear it has the same crap auto save that triggers after every action. the game itself is good but this dev move on its own is not.

im honestly all for auto-save. i always found the pmd games a little on the easy side, even in the more challenging post-game, and while this isnt the best solution, it does add at least a speck of difficulty to me.
on the other hand, ive never really minded grinding or repeating sections in games. i tend to play the "die over and over until you perfect it" genre anyways.

im honestly all for auto-save. i always found the pmd games a little on the easy side, even in the more challenging post-game, and while this isnt the best solution, it does add at least a speck of difficulty to me.
on the other hand, ive never really minded grinding or repeating sections in games. i tend to play the "die over and over until you perfect it" genre anyways.
its true most of the game is easy enough, but im going to guess youve never attempted purity forest in the original pmd rescue team games. while they added a couple things to soften it up so to speak, its still a game of almost pure luck as its a level restricted challenge/ dungeon where you enter alone at lv 5, cant bring items or money and its a 99 floor dungeon. this was the only thing i 100% failed to ever beat in the original and in the remake despite some small changes its still a mess of all sorts of unfair and OP cheap tactics and tbh it can literally troll you in a hundred different ways... might not be an exaggeration either. i cant count how many times id hit floor90-98 in blue rescue team just to end up dying... its all sorts of mean =(

Reactions: Chronal
its true most of the game is easy enough, but im going to guess youve never attempted purity forest in the original pmd rescue team games. while they added a couple things to soften it up so to speak, its still a game of almost pure luck as its a level restricted challenge/ dungeon where you enter alone at lv 5, cant bring items or money and its a 99 floor dungeon. this was the only thing i 100% failed to ever beat in the original and in the remake despite some small changes its still a mess of all sorts of unfair and OP cheap tactics and tbh it can literally troll you in a hundred different ways... might not be an exaggeration either. i cant count how many times id hit floor90-98 in blue rescue team just to end up dying... its all sorts of mean =(
oh i definitely played purity forest! again, i dont mind the trolling - i find it more fun and really dont mind losing! to be fair, i'm also a pretty lax person in regards to video games, and never really go in with the intention of perfection.

oh i definitely played purity forest! again, i dont mind the trolling - i find it more fun and really dont mind losing! to be fair, i'm also a pretty lax person in regards to video games, and never really go in with the intention of perfection.
tbh i think the trolling gets too repetitve and just becomes total crap after like the third or fourth dying very far in. im not one to go for perfection either but this type of cheap tactics like getting one shotted by a miltank that i was apparently supposed to assume was there is just rock bottom stupid... or getting one hitted by an OP move like earthquake which has unlimited reach? sorry but this is just downright mean. and in the remake you actually have to worry about one additional thing: enemy pokemon can mega evolve where possible if they KO a teammate (only recruited in the dungeon, you cant take any in so randoms only) and its pretty much impossible to take these down without resorting to cheap items like a two edge wand (these are rare but i got lucky and found some during a success clear) and such.

i am not saying its wrong to do these things since its supposed to be the hardest area in the game but even with that being said this place pulls some pretty mean and cheap things on you that can really feel so stupid it shouldnt even count. Even if youre careful like i was purity forest doesnt know the meaning of be nice

Back