Spin Off PMD: rescue team DX guide to recruiting kecleon safe& easily

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so im sure many people, especially those new to the remake of this game, have had a very less than fortunate accident during normal gameplay... stole from kecleon in a dungeon shop by accidentally walking off the mat not realizing you had his item and didnt pay for it. and if youre one of these people, you might already know that he is more than likely to take you out in ONE hit. if he uses fury swipes, youre definitely out! so seeing the danger mark here, i thought id write this (hopefully) short guide on how to safely and easily befriend him. this time around, he is more powerful and has more health than in the original, but dont worry, hes more easily defeatable than he might seem at first. i will explain how to befriend the most overpowered pokemon in the entire game without having a billion deaths in the process. he is definitely much more dangerous than any legendary boss to oppose, but its not impossible. heres how i did it easily:

bring three all dodge orbs this is one of most important things to use before enraging him with the theft attempt. remember, one hit can easily mean dying. so always use these first. you could bring all power up orbs too but i will show a method that wont require those, so just hold on a bit. =) for other items, you will need several max elixirs and keep oran berries and reviver seeds in case of a faint or surviving an attack (its possible but requires VERY high defense and maybe high special defense, but he barely uses special attacks compared to physical). its also suggested to get your hp as high as you can, its more fail safe this way before you start but can be skipped... at your own risk if something goes wrong. make sure youre at least at 250 HP with adequate defense as well for the safest attempts in case you do get hit

use OHKO abuse and position yourself in a one-tile broken wall this is also very crucial. to break open one space in a wall, there is a wand i used called tunnel wand. you only need one of these so dont worry if you dont have very many of them. have either smeargle or articuno use mind reader+ sheer cold every time a kecleon gets in front of you. he will always be one shotted so you can ignore your attack or speciak attack, and with frriendly rare quality+ friend bow equipped its very easy to get him on your time now. in the original ds/ gba version it was more than likely youd need so many kills, the wind would start to blow! but i did this a couple times and there was no wind, so they didnt make it near impossible now which is nice =) it was a major snooze fest and brutal grind on ds version... i did it only once and i couldnt do it again for a friend who wanted him... spent an entire day and still failed. in the remake on switch, it only took me around5-10 minutes to get two kecleons on my team!

do all of the above and youll have him in more than likely no time at all. it seems gamefreak realized they made him a little too near impossible to get on the original releases, im very greatful that its been lightened up significantly as id have a hard time kramming so many hours into this game just to get him once, it was even tiring when i was able to more easily squeeze in this time. hope this helps anyone who thought he was impossible to friend =)

• Informative
Reactions: DialgaKid7207
Honestly i find the easiest way to get one on your team is to have the friend bow and all those orbs and stuff that make them wanna join you more likly and then just be a ghost type, sit in a wall, and attack them. they can't do anything to you and you just sit there attacking until you finally have one join your team. probably the easiest way i know of.

Reactions: Kadaj
Honestly i find the easiest way to get one on your team is to have the friend bow and all those orbs and stuff that make them wanna join you more likly and then just be a ghost type, sit in a wall, and attack them. they can't do anything to you and you just sit there attacking until you finally have one join your team. probably the easiest way i know of.
that does work, but be careful of the stomach drain... it can go down really fast like this if you dont stall holding a tight belt. that was why i did all of this instead but for people with less time maybe they can try this... i generally can play enough to eventually reach said point with all of these items and a decent amount of levels but those super short could try friend bow+ tight belt with a ghost pokemon.

while that can be a stomach drainer maybe notorious fasting would be ideal to nullify that? i did not think of this and may try out the rare quality on a teammate soon... would be a good way to save space possibly. youre also right in the fact that he can only use synchronoise if youre in the walls like this. i stole from him in super mystery dungeon using a ghost pokemon and he does wander near the walls but he cant hurt you while youre in there, he will either move back and forth being unable to do much of anything or use synchronoise which is honestly his one zero threat move for any strategy.if color change doesnt trigger and youre a different type it never works lol

Reactions: Eevee
Back