Spin Off PMD Rescue Team DX has this been banned in the speedrun community for purity forest?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i havent been able to find much on the issue in question, but theres an insanely easy way to cheese purity forest by using narrow focus with a pokemon that can start the dungeon with perish song (absol, politoed and i hear jynx can also get it but i havent used her yet) and the strategy is very self explanatory and almost no problems until around floor 58 or so (and temporarily because of short floor based spans with certain enemy mon spawns) and i couldnt find any full speedruns pertaining to this idea. any threat mons are significantly minimal and can easily be dealt with using wands and certain kinds of seeds (make sure politoed doesnt have damp or blast seeds wont work at all anywhere... but you do get immunity to blast and big blast traps which might be an ok sacrifice).

does anyone here know if speedrun sites have banned this? i really cant see the level reset dungeons being any easier than this, you want to beat them the easy way do this. obviously the same trick works in any dungeon but is especially notable and should be highlighted on the level resets and purity forest most of all. not sure what the speedrun community says about this subject as i do personal speedruns rather than competing online here (this is more enjoyable for me), but its crazy and funny as heck =P

Back