Spin Off PMD rescue team DX : how to speedrun wish cave?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ive gone through wish cave a few times without many problems, jirachi was easy to beat and i did a second run to find something useful at the end: if you reach the end after recruiting jirachi, she appears again to give you a second free wish without fighting her again. this was a really awesome thing to find out, but im wondering how to get through this dungeon in less than 3+ hours... its honestly not hard at all compared to purity forest, but its definitely a slow process reaching the end.

i am running perish song politoed with trap scarf, hercross (maybe? extra teammate but not the most important mon in my case), and a kecleon with small stomach that i focus on getting to lv 13 each game since he always learns fury swipes by this point. after this, its just run and sing so to speak only using perish song with politoed. i bring orbs to handle monster houses in order to avoid any kind of death spam or powerful moves. monster houses are easy with perish song so im actually not worried about these.

i was not able to find a speedrun on youtube, it seems even werster didnt record himself doing this dungeon for some reason (might be a lack of time if he didnt). if he did blame youtubes bad search engine, ive reworded video titles correctly numerous times and they have a bad way of giving very inconsistent search results so it could just be their crappy search filters that are at work. anyone have speedrun advice for this dungeon that would compliment my team (possibly duo)? i give kecleon the x ray specs at all times so i can see spawns and if theres a monster house as well. and i need at least one teammate for rare quality benefits and monster house bait if i get a bad arena trap spawn (this keeps you from turning around and youll likely die if someone doesnt take the bait for your important mon especially on the later floors).

yes, its true you normally dont have to fight the monster house (and with many strategies its usually bad to), but on occasion the stairs can be in the monster house which would force you to do something about it (this is why slumber orbs and such are so important). so, any advice with items that can make the slow run a bit faster? my goal is to beat the dungeon in 2hrs 30 minutes as consistently as possible. i believe it can be done but needs very specific items in the inventory and as few monster houses as possible.

Back