Spin Off PMD rescue team DX (potentially) impossible item? trouble ...

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so ive gone through every post game quest based dungeon except wish cave, and havent done joyous tower since it seems pretty pointless to me (nothing at the end? at least in the original). ive even purposefully scavenged places like solar cave and desert region just trying to get one trap scarf... i looked it up numerous times and all i see is serebii saying its in the game (no recommended areas last i checked) and another (probably bad) site labelled as game8 that seemed to just have a generic copy and paste description other than the item specific effects. i found this out by purposefully looking up an item i already had and yep, almost all the writing was a copy and paste which means it might be very wrong and inaccurate... probably shouldnt look there often. i havent seen even one trap scarf anywhere at all... not even western cave has dropped one for me.

and while i havent seen this drop even once ive found like 8000 goggle specs... like what the heck?? not sure how this is supposed to make sense, its weird and kinda dumb tbh. yes, i know everything is RNG but seeing a million of these in 10+ different dungeons and not a single trap scarf doesnt exactly make sense even with that being said ... im going to guess it doesnt exist in the game at this point, but if anyone does find one please share where you found it if possible. really sucks to not havw this when you get a monster house that has half or more squares that are occupied by trap clusters. yes, they can be so booked together that its literally impossible to get through without either touching some (not good) or turning around after wiping the monster house. goggle specs are plenty for normal post game conditions tbh but this hording of traps in monster houses can make some annoying and forced turnarounds unless you want to get half or more of your moves leeched completely or possibly worse (some of these traps are very, very broken and its often not worth taking the hit).

i know about trapbust orbs but these seem hard to come by as well... i only have about 5 or so, they seem just as rare as the monster house orbs which i have even less of. anyone have luck getting more of these orbs or a trap scarf?

I personally haven't gotten one yet but i haven't done all the post dungeon quests yet in DX but i have played all of the other games. I have done a little research for you as well and have found the locations on where you can get one! it does appear to be in the game but is a rarer item. like the TM Blizzard its one of the rarer items that you hardly ever see. ill list bellow the locations on how to hopefully get a trap scarf.

Locations:

Purity Forest:
you can find trap scarfs in keckleon shops in this dungeon but only on the floors 90 through to 98. so floors 90F-98F look and pray for a kecleon shop to appear and then hope it has a trap scarf for sale!

Far-off Sea: Their is a chance you can get a trap scarf from buried items in the Far-off sea. Buried items are items that are hidden in the walls of a dungeon so you will need a ghost type or the IQ skill "Forge a Path" or a Mobile Scarf just something that gives you the ability to break walls or enter them.
Tip: the x-ray specs item in pokemon mystery dungeon dx allows you to see buried items in the walls! this will make it a million times easier to find a buried item instead of wondering through random walls and losing heaps of hunger points.

Tip/Trick: This works everywhere but in a monster house for example where heaps of traps are if you do the basic attack/skip turn attack (either A button with no enemies nearby to accidentally activate a move) or press the R and A button at the same time to do the basic attack/skip turn attack. By doing this it will reveal all hidden traps around you!!! so in a scary monster house just do that each step until you got the items and have safely navigated through the traps and escaped the room.

Hope this helps Kadaj! let me know if you need any more help or got any other questions about the game that you need help with.

Reactions: Kadaj
urf, i dont know about purity forest for it... that was a bit too painful for me... i may look into far off sea as im assuming its not a level restricted dungeon. i dont have it yet but im going to guess i just buy a missing pokemon camp since wish cave completion just gives us bonus items if you beat jirachi and then she joins you (jirachi is really cute in this remake, i havent done her yet but i saw someone else beat her!). idk when i will get mew... i already missed her in a monster by accident and she kinda did a troll transform on me. and like a total klutz i forgot to check the pokemon that were in this same monster house... urf >_<

i did beat purity forest but getting to floor 90+ is kinda rough and need very lucky to do... glad theres another dungeon, thanks for replying

Reactions: Eevee
All good! i haven't done the Jirachi dungeon yet but super excited for when i get too. especially if like you said she is really cute in this remake hehe.

I managed to get Mew but i was honestly so super lucky. she randomly met in a tunnel when i wasn't paying attention properly cause i had xray specs on so was just looking at the red dot until suddenly noticed it was mew o: had to quickly tell my team to not attack and attached a friend bow to myself since its all i had i really didn't expect her to want to join but RNG was so sweet to me and she decided to join my team! ^-^ guess RNG was finally giving back after the constant monster houses all the way up haha.

Also yep just get the friend areas and it should unlock. its a easy dungeon you get to stay your normal level and bring your own items and allies.

All good! i haven't done the Jirachi dungeon yet but super excited for when i get too. especially if like you said she is really cute in this remake hehe.

I managed to get Mew but i was honestly so super lucky. she randomly met in a tunnel when i wasn't paying attention properly cause i had xray specs on so was just looking at the red dot until suddenly noticed it was mew o: had to quickly tell my team to not attack and attached a friend bow to myself since its all i had i really didn't expect her to want to join but RNG was so sweet to me and she decided to join my team! ^-^ guess RNG was finally giving back after the constant monster houses all the way up haha.

Also yep just get the friend areas and it should unlock. its a easy dungeon you get to stay your normal level and bring your own items and allies.
yes, i just did a full run the other day but strangely no items in the walls anywhere... even on floors 60-75. im going to guess its the only thing that shows in walls randomly?

it wouldnt have been as tedious if the game didnt decide to freak out and crash twice... and i also had like 80 monster houses, urf ;-; not hard but definitely kinda slow...

Oh that sucks to hear :( a few sources were saying that was how to get it in the far off sea... bulbapedia and sereibii :(

I know joyous tower sucks.... but maybe might be better to try there?

Im currently a bit busy with uni work but when im able to play mystery dungeon again ill do my best to try and find it as well.

Oh that sucks to hear :( a few sources were saying that was how to get it in the far off sea... bulbapedia and sereibii :(

I know joyous tower sucks.... but maybe might be better to try there?

Im currently a bit busy with uni work but when im able to play mystery dungeon again ill do my best to try and find it as well.
thanks, i am playing some other stuff to take a break from the game and have some stuff to work on as well, but if you find one on your copy of this game (the switch remake of course not the original) let me know where if youre able to remember.

Reactions: Eevee
Back