Spin Off PMD: Rescue Team DX - Rayquaza the Ultimate (potentially most OP pokemon)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
This time around we can really make almost any pokemon very strong but i feel one i particular is very worth highlighting. and this time its going to be rayquaza. no pokemon in this game has the powerfully starting moves and the amount of overall power that he does, and im going to get into why im so certain of this.

His movespread is easily the first reason--dragon ascent is never to be underestimated, even with the overall defense penalties from move usage. and the hitzone of this move doesnt cover the whole room, but if you have a decent group of mobs bunched up, it can easily hit up to 4 pokemon at one time. hyper beam is great whenever the mobs decide to play follow the leader in hallways, it reaches pretty far and will cut a swath right through a relatively long line of enemy pokemon (one usage can hit 5 lined up pokemon in one usage, possibly 6 or 7 i need to read the description again, but i have offscreened the mobs with this move after getting him as my first legendary and it made a hilarious early post game for me). dragon pulse is a decent filler move for me, and last but definitely never least here is draco meteor: this will wipe out any monster house in more than likely one usage. if it misses some of them, all you need to do is probably use dragon ascent or hyper beam to get the last few.

the second reason is a couple things: he can mega evolve using one empowerment seed, drastically increasing his already high power and you can attempt to friend him anytime post game at sky tower! i seriously have nothing bad to say about rayquazas potential in this game. he can likely rival kecleon as hes generally less dangerous than kecleon hordes and an organized lv 60-65 team can safely take him on as hes a lv 70 boss (do not fight him under lv 55, it will be extremely tedious but is possible, i did it but its not recommended as most apparently cant beat him under lv 55 judging by the amount of deaths on the friend rescue boards that ive seen... i try to help them but i am still sadly only one person).

the only drawback right now for me is he has vanilla stats on draco meteor since i make sure not to overuse this (youll waste all your special attack from doing that too much, make sure to have a teammate with earth power or other full room AOE for anytime theres groups that arent a monster house). for rare quality he has narrow focus since this is one of my favorite ones (and great for hyper beam too), but if you wanna go solo with no AI partners brawl is an excellent choice, you will almost certainly one shot everything in a monster house with draco meteor like this especially with its already high base damage.

anyone who manages to beat him early on, have fun sweeping everything with him, he is definitely at the top for the strongest pokemon in the entire game when it comes to high damage and strong hitzones. groudon is good at this too but rayquaza definitely beats him at it.

Reactions: phofufury
Back