Spin Off PMD Rescue Team DX: unfair purity forest deaths (that i had)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i havent died nearly as much as many others have in this dungeon (maybe because im more careful than most) but it would be lying if i said everything was completely flawless. i definitely dont have enough to be worth at least 5 minute death montage at this point but i did have the game pull some cheap junk even with that being said, and thought id share it just for fun since pretty much everyone has had some share of crappy deaths (especially ones that are no fault of your own/ RNG to blame) in these dungeons

#1: death by sleep this is literally what it says... seriously, not kidding. i walk one pixel into a hallway and the enemy pokemon decides to use sing and i cant do a thing about it. then if the game decided i cant use hypnosis no matter what i am forced to die and this happened twice to me, its very stupid... both times i didnt have any seeds to slow the pokemon down either. fun right? nothing unfair here at all

#2: oh you walked in the room now DIE ! this was just plain, flat out trolling no matter how you look at it... i took one step into a room just looking for the stairs and then a castaform that i had no way to know existed decided to range multi hit me to death. i was on floor 20 or so when this happened and honestly i just shook my head in silence when my friend was watching one of my farming runs and i barely managed to even say 'Really? Ok lets go over what happened'. it wasnt even rage, im just like dude seriously? what did i do wrong for this to happen? definitely the worst death ive had in purity forest altogether just because of how stupidly trolly it was. i did not have x ray specs so there was no way whatsoever to see this even being possible

#3: the monster house trap this is definitely rare since (once again) its very RNG, but i got a monster house and the game decided it was a good idea to put a pokemon with arena trap right next to me before i even made my first actual move. did not having warping items or an orb at the time either... so you can probably imagine how that went. cant turn around, then i cant get rid of them without dying. i do not run charzard either so heat wave wasnt at my disposal. the good thing was i didnt get very far so i didnt lose any important progress at the very least. but erm a bit dumb game no?

so pretty much all of these screwed me because of rng. there really wasnt much to be done about the above listed nonsense since item spawns werent being too favorable for me when these things happened. ive also died to a magnitude a few times as well but i didnt think there was much reason to go over that, i decided the above were probably the best ones to write on (and when magnitude did kill me i had reviver seeds as well fortunatrly, for some reason the game thinks its ok to do the above to me with no revive seeds and then use magnitude when i do have some... wow). for #2 though my two friends who were watching my run both agreed that was just too trolly/ unfair. they really shouldnt be allowed to do that at all =P

Havent played this game but from all your posts, im sensing that purity forest is pure torture.

Reactions: Kadaj
Havent played this game but from all your posts, im sensing that purity forest is pure torture.
it really and very easily can be. there is a way to cheese the dungeon though, i write on one of my threads about a way to never miss perish song and certain pokemon can start the dungeon with this move. its a lot easier to do this dungeon with the said tactic, but i forget which of my threads i wrote on this in... if i didnt though (im pretty sure i did but) i can do that later if you want or just mail you, either is fine tbh. its very self explanatory but i can still explain later if you like.

pokemon choice determines a lot of things concerning how your runs go. there are a lot of people who blindly choose whoever just because of the fact that its a level reset dungeon and youre prevented from bringing teammates or money and items. so youre forced on a scratch run so to speak since you cant take virtually anything with you. some people will also say to exp grind the early floors but i strongly advise against this for several reasons, i go over why i feel it leaves extra room for failure in another thread and i suggest to keep going since theres less room for getting trolled and so forth.

i already have celebi so i only go here to grind for rare stuff or rescue others online who died in the dungeon whenever i have enough time to go long so people can finish instead of going back to the beginning (no one enjoys that here). its definitely an annoying transition but there are some pokemon to make things a little easier.

a popular choice is hercross but i personally use politoed, some like charzard since he starts with heat wave, but id use him or politoed so monster houses arent as atrocious since those can really suck in purity forest

Reactions: Deepak
Back