Spin Off PMD Rescue Team DX: what to not do in purity forest (imo)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
soo ive had a number of purity forest runs in this remake, most of these were just to farm loot ans rare items that seem to drop here easier, but i had a few long rounds as well and ive also observed some things that people tend to do in this dungeon that i personally would never advise doing as doing some of the things im about to list just adds even more problems with the already inevitable carnage and trolliness this dungeon is notorious for:

#1: never take your time... or you die honestly i feel like this one is very self explanatory but i will explain why this isnt as smart as some people think it is. yeah, maybe youll get a little exp on the side here, but its almost impossible to pass lv 20 (let alone hit that, almost nobody does) and the mons just get dangerous way too quickly. all that has to go wrong here is just one of a hundred different things: step on a move leecher trap and have your most important moves instantly zero'd out, walk into a monster house unexpectedly (no x ray specs obviously, unless the stairs are in the monster house but x ray specs seem very rare in this dungeon) just to get bombarded to death in a matter of seconds, or get ambushed by a dangerous pokemon that decides to one shot you (this is very sadly common and unfair). another reason i wouldnt stick around is regardless of there being a monster house or move leecher traps, you can easily burn through your moves and empty belly too early on before sufficient progress is made. there are some other traps that are also very ruinous... ive seen random traps spawn so many dudes in one go that it would have looked like there was a monster house. its very rare but ive seen this happen to some people unfortunately. taking your time just isnt worth it in this dungeon though =/

#2: run from megas or pay the price fighting these is honestly never a good idea here. they do a lot more damage and have higher defense/ special defense and especially towards the end youre pretty much guaranteed to get one shotted. if youre sandwiched, send them off with a wand or an orb (or eat a warp seed if you have one) but dont ever fight these... like, at all. its probably not going to end well especially since STAB supereffective still exists in this game

#3: fighting the monster house alone not much explaining to do here either... yet surprisingly enough this is another common (and bad idea) thing i see people do. fighting these out unless youre forced to in some way (the stairs being here) is not good for your HP or your move limitations. best to turn around and move far enough so most of these pokemon have their AI confused and dwaddle elsewhere since moving far enough into the hallway somehow makes them think you arent there anymore. unless youre using politoed or charzard, never try to fight these out. just turn around or use an orb, youll get overwhelmed very quickly and die if you dont (most likely). if you have dummy recruits they can distract the hordes but use caution: remember that every time a partner faints and isnt revived it makes enemies stronger or mega evolve. make sure you can get enough distance if youre going to do this for that reason. its most likely going to be better to run in this dungeon though for any pokemon other than charzard and politoed

given our very limited resource and level ups, its really not a good idea to fight in this dungeon more than we will have to... even with the early exp theres still too high a chance the late floor mons will one shot you with certain attacks which is why i would advise to keep going as much as you can. its not really worth the additional monster houses and potentially deadly trap hazards, we end up losing more than we earn by camping floors too much for this reason (and belly drain as well isnt good either). maybe im right, maybe not, but to me it seems like late mons overwhelm you regardless of how much exp camping you do. there is a way to cheese this dungeon but i wont be going over that here, you will have to mail me or read one of my other threads where i mention the tactic.

i dont think im 100% wrong about all of this tbh, maybe the exp does help enough for a small selection of possible pokemon to attempt the dungeon, but it seems like most just dont end up with enough hp or defense even with said measure.

Back