Spin Off PMD Rescue Team DX where can i find apple traps for farming easily?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
alright so ive seen a bit of well, criticism towards the newly introduced 'apple trap', but i recently realized how these can actually be your friend (just dont take important items lol). there are so many items i have in large numbers that i like almost never use, especially those annoying pebbles and gravelrocks (these only help in level reset dungeons tbh...). im keeping silver spikes though since these have piercing power. and being a small stomach user i really just need any apple at all, perfect apples are normally for place with 20+ floors and are common from many easy missions. they can be found early in purity forest i also notice, but not always consistent so do with a side mission (and so you dont need to beat all 99 floors to take stuff back as well).

now what i want to do here is use an apple trap to turn excess, non-food items into a nice endless amount of apples, but i cant remember a short enough non-level reset dungeon where these have at least a decent chance of showing up. ive gone through sinister woods for some apples and berries as well which is good, but the otherwise definitive way for unlimited apples seems like using the apple trap. and before anyone says 'why do you like the apple trap its the worst one in the game!', remember i said dont bring a lot of important items when you scavange for these... obviously you want to avoid these when you have a lot of rare stuff with you so lets not go down that route when we're purposefully trying to use one

is there a short (preferrably 20 floors and under) dungeon that seems to have a high chance of spawning apple traps? i know to use goggle specs so i can see if one is there and drop limited rare items to avoid losing them when i step on it. i really like the idea of using these to my advantage but the only problem is theyre not even 50% spawn anywhere as far as i know... but if anyone has seen lots of these in normal rules dungeon please do tell

I never have any issues with apples i always have massive stock amounts of them however i do like what you are thinking about the changing your items into apples. only problem is once you step on an apple trap it always breaks so just farming sinister woods for apples is probably the best bet. as for spawn rates for apple traps im not sure sorry :( i think its just a pretty random chance in a lot of dungeons.

Reactions: Kadaj
I never have any issues with apples i always have massive stock amounts of them however i do like what you are thinking about the changing your items into apples. only problem is once you step on an apple trap it always breaks so just farming sinister woods for apples is probably the best bet. as for spawn rates for apple traps im not sure sorry :( i think its just a pretty random chance in a lot of dungeons.
aww dang... i thought the apple trap was one of the only unbreakable traps in the game =( my mistake... really sucks since all these gravelrocks and such are useless outside of level reset dungeons (i have many powerful pokemon and 3 super kecleons+ an AOE spamming celebi that can one shot so these arent any use for me). theyre good for the less strong people who just hit post game or working on the story but with all of these super powerful pokemon these arent really any use and honestly a waste of space for me unless im in a level reset (where only wish cave i can take stuff, so still not much good...)... wish we could exchange these like in super mystery dungeon since they become useless at high stats and levels, but i dont think we can

yeah i know what you mean. i honestly have stopped taking them in my bag in the new mystery dungeon. but in the original games i always hold a stack of gravel rocks on me. Especially when dealing with the annoying ghost types who are in the wall and impossible to hit unless spamming rocks. take to much damage trying to bait them out of a wall.

Back